The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp openads for MU? (4 posts)

1. camzio
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is there a compatible version for wordpress mu of WP Openads? http://www.timtrice.com/wp-openads-wordpress-plugin/

if not is there a plugin where you can put a text file on your server where the referral scripts/urls are (for Commission Junction for example). And you can call those up by adding tags in the post editor? for example:

[affiliateCJ] in a post gets parsed to the affiliate code, displaying the banner with the relevant link

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Haven't tried it. Should be fairly easy to drop this into mu_plugins and make sure you're using the correct hook.

I'm a bit lost though. Why would you want to put the adverts into a text file? Why not just add them into your sites?

3. camzio
    Posted 16 years ago #

>I'm a bit lost though. Why would you want to put the adverts into a text file? Why not just add them into your sites?

I'd like to be able to insert them in posts, calling them up with a tag such as <!--ad_1-->

i've installed the script and it loads fine with no errors, but when entering an ad with its code it messes up with the different users (such as displaying ads created by other users), it'll have to me modified but im no script wizard :(

4. lzeligl
    Posted 16 years ago #

Camzio, did you ever figure out how to integrate the two?

About this Topic