The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

move post from sub-blog to main blog (9 posts)

1. re5et
    Posted 16 years ago #

I would like to be able to "promote" a post a user makes from a sub-blog to the main page, not sure exactly how this would be accomplished. Any ideas?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Copy and paste would probably be the quickest and easiest method,

3. re5et
    Posted 16 years ago #

yeah, i was hoping for some automation, shifting the whole thing over, preserving author, comments etc. Is this possible with a plugin?

4. nigelelliott394
    Posted 16 years ago #

this is a feature i'd really like to have included on my site as well...anyone know of a plugin for it? it'd be cool to browse the sub-blogs as the admin and at the bottom of each post just have a 'promote' button and when it's clicked it will automatically post it to the main blog.

5. re5et
    Posted 16 years ago #

from what i can tell, there isn't really one out there, however i am going to attempt to write one. The one major problem i am facing that a user would have to be an author or contributor on the main blog for this to work, which will be annoying, for me at least. My general plan at this point is to make a dummy / in between user that will have posting privileges in the main blog, and the "promoted" post will be associated with this user, and somewhere in the article, the original author will be attributed in some fashion, however this is dissatisfying. Does anyone else have any ideas for this one?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I really think a plugin for this is overkill as copying and pasting and including a link to the original post would work as well.

I can see where you're coming from though and wish you luck writing it. :)

7. nigelelliott394
    Posted 16 years ago #

yeah dude make sure and post a link to it here when you have it working on the site.

8. bwinn
    Posted 15 years ago #

Did anyone find a solution for this. Its a great idea!

9. smajda
    Posted 15 years ago #

Here's a roundabout way that might work: subscribe to all your blogs in Google Reader and "share" the posts you want to highlight, then either display the RSS feed for your shared items in google reader on your homepage or use something like feedwordpress to import them as actual posts automatically.

About this Topic