The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Is it possible to keep continuity across all subdomains? (6 posts)

1. stokedking
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have been running WordPress blogs for some time now and I am switching to MU for a new financial blog that I am setting up. Basically, I want to have one uniform look and logo to all of the blogs with basically the only difference being the subdomain name such as "advertising", "mortgages", etc. I'd also love to have my Google Adsense show up on every blog and a links section to all blogs on in blog so that they are linking back and forth. Can anyone tell me the easiest way of doing this?

Right now, it seems like I have to go into each blog and change each little thing one by one so that they all look the same.

Also, while I create my own theme, I would like to use the "Almost Spring" theme. I upload it, make it active and select it from the presentation screen but then my blog address just shows a blank screen. Furthermore, this seems to happen with any non-default theme. And the only way to get everything back to normal is to fully delete the themes folder from my site. Has anyone experienced this before and, more importantly, does anyone know how to fix it?

2. globetrotting
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm in the same situation, many newbies probably are. It would be helpful to have some answers here.

3. thejesusmyth
    Posted 16 years ago #

yes, you can! Simply restrict the available themes to on theme in your theme admin module.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

"and a links section to all blogs on in blog so that they are linking back and forth. "

um, the blogroll?

"I'd also love to have my Google Adsense show up on every blog "

Stick it in the template file. Then it shows for everyone.

Seriously, if you are as familiar with WP as you say, this is basic stuff.

5. mrjcleaver
    Posted 16 years ago #

Presumably stokedking wants to keep the blog roll and menus of all blogs the same, probably driven from another blog's control panel.

I imagine this would involve a call, $oldblog = switch_to_blog(2); get_links_list(); switch_to_blog($oldblog) during the links.php

I imagine this would be a pretty standard FAQ, but I've not seen a solution anywhere.

6. mrjcleaver
    Posted 16 years ago #

In fact, this calls wp_list_pages which has a filter $output = apply_filters('wp_list_pages', $output) in post-template.php at line L314

Has anyone written a filter for this?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by stokedking
  • Latest reply from mrjcleaver