The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Find Current Version? (6 posts)

1. johnnyb
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I need to do some upgrades on my installation of WPMU - it hasn't been upgraded for some time. However, I'm not sure what version I'm running, (I didn't install it). Is it noted in a file somewhere? Or perhaps if I could find a date? I looked in the places that occurred to me, (readme, license, wp-settings.php), but couldn't find anything.

Any help would be great.

Once I've found my version, is an upgrade usually as simple as backing up everything, uploading the new PHP files, (preserving my customized ones), then, if things don't work quite right, running the upgrade script in the admin?

Thanks,

John

2. kingler
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just open up any page in your WPMU site, and look at the HTML source file. The WPMU version is noted in the header.

Upgrading requires running the upgrade script. It is not an optional step! Don't forget to back up the entire site (files and database)

3. johnnyb
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks a lot, I will make sure to back up and run the upgrade script.

Is it recommended to upgrade to 1.2.1 then copy & paste from trac? (I've seen that system referred to several times).

4. llamaman
    Posted 15 years ago #

Hi!
    I realize this is an old post, but I am having the same issue - How do I figure out which version of Wordpress MU I am running?

When I look at the html source code, it says that I am running Wordpress 2.3.3. I would suppose that matches up with a version of MU, so where can I find info about the match?

Thanks!

5. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

It would be WPMU 1.3.3

6. xenosentient
    Posted 15 years ago #

best way to find the version is to look in:

wp-includes/version.php

Sample file out-put:

/**
    * This holds the version number in a separate file so we can bump it without cluttering the SVN
    */

/**
    * The WordPress version string
    * @global string $wp_version
    */
    $wp_version = '2.6.3';

/**
    * Holds the WordPress DB revision, increments when changes are made to the WordPress DB schema.
    * @global int $wp_db_version
    */
    $wp_db_version = 8204;

$wpmu_version = '2.6.3';

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by johnnyb
  • Latest reply from xenosentient