The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Basic questions about signup page behavior (4 posts)

1. dronamraju
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

In my 3rd tryst with wp-mu, i have to say that this version is much much better. I love it. Keep up the great work.

Here are my questions.

a)wp-login.php has links to the url '/signup/' which seems to 404. Is that the right behavior? should /signup be redirected to something else? I don't see this in the .htaccess rules

b)sometimes wp-login.php takes a flag for 'register' but it doesnot do anything special. Is this behavior a bug or something my site is doing?

Looks like the main urls are wp-signup.php and wp-login.php why doesn't the system just use wp-signup.php for signup?

thanks for comments

2. judyschmitz
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is what I am getting - only in internet, however. Works fine in Safari, opera, firefox, etc. Try in any other browser, and see if its' the same thing. I've asked DrMike about it, as well.

Judy

3. dronamraju
    Posted 16 years ago #

hmm i am using a firefox browser on mac os X. I get a page for /signup/ but not the actual signup page. My test site is http://investmentblogs.com

4. udamnit
    Posted 16 years ago #

dronamraju, are you using WPMU ? are you using a theme which has been designed for just WP.

you initial problem sounds similar to yours adn judyschmitz
    however has yet to resolve the issue.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by dronamraju
  • Latest reply from udamnit