The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Creating a static page with the same look as my theme (7 posts)

1. redelectric1
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi Everyone,

I wonder if anyone has done this, or knows of a plugin which can.

I have a custom author template which displays the information from the authors bios in the dashboard, but I want it to be called from a link in my sidebar, instead of a link from the main navigation.

So, I think I need a static page but with the same look as my theme that I can link to from my sidebar instead of the main navigation?

Thanks

Martin

2. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

very easy: browse your page with any browser you like, right click somewhere in the page, select: view source and here you have got your static page-code.

should work out for most cases - anyway its a starting point for you.

3. redelectric1
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks Ovidiu, I will have a tinker with with it now and see what if I can get it going!..

Thanks

M

4. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

oh, yeah, forgot to tell you about the css file, it should be linked automatically I guess. If your static pages has no formatting, the link might be missing or corrupt.

5. redelectric1
    Posted 16 years ago #

I got a bit side tracked, so havnt had chance to try it yet, but I will get back to you As soon as, thanks for this info:)

Namaste

M

6. redelectric1
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi Ovidiu, I think that seemed to work, I just manually set the url to the css file, then re-uploaded the htm file to the root, and it seemed to pick up all the formatting etc, if you want to take a peek,

http://www.newworldjournal.com, click on the "The Bloggers" link in the left sidebar.

Thanks for this, its also helped me solve, or at least find a workaround for another problem, because I wanted to display an authors pic next to their bio but couldnt get the plugin working, at least this way I just insert the pic manually the old fashioned way,and in a way it gives me a lot more options for stlying it etc..

Thanks!...Thats Ace!..:)

Martin

7. redelectric1
    Posted 16 years ago #

Doh, Just realised, there is a coma after the URL.

Here is the actual URL to the authors page anyway

http://www.newworldjournal.com/authors.htm

I did what you said, and just used view source and made a seperate HTML page and linked it.

Thanks again

Martin

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by redelectric1
  • Latest reply from redelectric1