The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wysiwyg not working help (13 posts)

1. tigerboyau
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

I've installed wordpress my 1.2.1 and even 1.2.2 and wysiwyg isn't working :( What possible reasons wouldn't it work?

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Many. Telling us what you see when you use the page as well as what browser, browser version, OS and security programs you're using would be a start.

3. tigerboyau
    Posted 16 years ago #

What do I see well, I seeing b i link b-quote del ins img etc it comes up in firefox 2.0.0.4 and even IE 7 (Vista) no security programs installed.

It did work before but maybe its a bug or something. I have it installed on another server and it shows wysiwyg. I scratching my head going through all the options and uploading all the files over and over again lol and it still wont make it work.

4. tigerboyau
    Posted 16 years ago #

Seems its not the only thing that seems to be buggy. 1.2.2 I click on write to write a new blog, it takes me to the right page but then when I click publish I get this

Are you sure you want to edit this post: ""?

I thinking to myself what the, so I say yes and then it takes me to post-new.php?posted=-1 which seems to be right. Then when I look for my post, its not there. When I click on manage and then post I click on previous entries and it doesnt take me to the second page, even though the link does say wp-admin/edit.php/page/2/edit.php

Anyone having bug issues with Wordpress MU 1.2.2 then?

5. a-bishop
    Posted 16 years ago #

It seems that workaround is described here: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=4046&replies=5. I wonder why the known problem was not fixed in 1.2.2 (I didn't install it yet). Or it was fixed?

6. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

b i link b-quote del ins img

That's the regular editor. You switch between them at Dashboard -> users -> your profile -> make sure that checkbox is checked near the top and clikc on the Save Changes button.

The "navagate away" issue has been discussed before here in teh forums. log out, clear your file and cookie cahce and try again. You have a conflicting javascript loading, usually from a theme.

And please don't assume that if you're having a problem, it's a "bug."

7. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

- Are you sure you want to edit this post: ""?

F*****ng nightmare bug!

The regular WP forums haven't been much help either: http://wordpress.org/search/Are+you+sure+you+want+to+edit+this+post?forums=1

I've had trouble with this on Edublogs and incsub.org - I thought the latest version fixed it (it did on my pervious set up), it's related to the auto save I think.

8. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Last time I knew, that was the conflicking javascript issue with some themes. Clearing your browser's file and cookie cache should do the trick.

That and making usre all those themes that use those jquery and the other javascripts are using wpmu's ones and not their own. That way, they use the latest versions.

9. tigerboyau
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks drmike your right, didn't know about that, don't remember enabling it before, anyhow it has fixed my issue, as for Are you sure you want to edit this post: ""? clearing the cache helped with that one. It was a strange thing cause I'm sure I cleared it before I wrote it in the post :) Thanks alot drmike

10. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is anyone else getting an error with the spellcheck button? It says "Could not execute AJAX call, server didn't return valid a XML."

11. a-bishop
    Posted 16 years ago #

drmike, I was talking about this issue: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3882

It occured in MU 1.2.1 (all of my users experienced it, the only workaround was to switch to Text Editor instead of WYSIWYG, cleaning cache and cookies etc. didn't help). I was able do fix it applying the diff. I'm just asking if this issue is fixed in MU 1.2.2 or not and how can I know if for sure?

Except installing 1.2.2 of course :-)

12. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not a clue in all honesty. Haven't had any reports of this on our installs.

I do note discussion about the php version though on that trac ticket. We're running at least 4.4.7 on our boxes.

13. a-bishop
    Posted 16 years ago #

drmike, thank's anyway.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by tigerboyau
  • Latest reply from a-bishop