The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

AR2K (9 posts)

1. pug
    Posted 16 years ago #

After a couple of months of coding and drawing here's it, almost ready: ar2k 5.1
    AR2K has been one of the most active electronic music communities around since 2001, first we where based on Forums, now users have the chance to have their own blog and get their own podcast radio-stram thanks to wpmu.
    -----
    AR2K
    -----

Will be launched officialy on monday so here i am asking some feedback from all of you to make everything perfect.

Plugins installed:

• Friendlist
    • Signup Captcha
    • Anarchy Media Player
    • Kaccordion
    • List All Blogs
    • Profile Picture (a little bit buggy, used only part of it)
    • BB-Press get topics from forums

Themes and graphics by me =)

Thanks to all the WP and MUWP staff fore making all this possible.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

From a design standpoint, it hurts my eyes.

Gray text on a slightly darker gray background makes it very hard to read without really trying to get up and personal with my monitor.

IMHO, there is too many gray variants too close together, and certain important areas aren't well defined. Meaning, in short, that when you first look at the page, there isn't anything to draw your eyes to. It all just kinda blends together. Not until you really look at/study the page do things start to kinda make sense. For at a quick glance (no, the car doesn't appear to be normal) the site seems to be one big run together jibberish.

If it were me, I'd be looking to make some separation of content, like posts from sidebar, and making it easier on the eyes.

Definite kudos to validation though, and really it isn't something that's far off from being good. Just needs a tick more tlc and it'll do you fine.

3. pug
    Posted 16 years ago #

Tnx lunabyte, you pointed the problem in it.
    I'll ask you for some more feedback later, thanks again.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sure.

5. pug
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok i've managed to fix a couple of things and now i'm quite satysfied with it, i know it looks a little bit 'dark' but it's how i want it to be.
    AR2K

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'd say it's quite improved.

7. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Nice look for the community you're after.

8. AndWat
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'd make it more obvious how to create a new blog at the site. Right now, that involves clicking on "You?" then filling out fields that are dark grey on darker grey.
    Andrew

9. pug
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks Andrew, i'll try to find something to make it more obvious, maybe with a line more 'get a blog'. Btw i've fixed the signup page with a lighter gray, thanks for the tip!

About this Topic