The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

The wp.com stats plugin - Anyone get it working? (1 post)

1. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sent to Automattic since it's their baby but copied here just for reference. Anyone get the wp.com stats plugin working on the wpmu platform? It's not taking the enduser's own API keys:

Greets:

I've had reported that the wp.com stats plugin is having a problem with the wpmu platform. Upon end users putting in their own API key, it appears that the system is checking not against their account but that of the site admin.

For example, I have a test account at jackie.daria.be. On wp.com, the test account is jackied. When I grab the API for the jackied account and input it within jackie.daria.be, it says that my account, drmike, is the one that has to be entered.

"Error from last API Key attempt:
    The owner of that API Key (jackied) is not on the access list for this blog. When this blog was registered, drmike's API key was used. To add you to the access list, drmike must visit this blog's stats dashboard page and use the form at the bottom of that page."

And I know that won't work because then I would have to give out my own wp.com username and password which I know is not going to happen.

Ideas? I haven't looked at the code yet (locked down terminal) but I'm assuming that the email address is what these API codes are being created against. Could it possible be using the wrong email address? Or is it like the Akismet plugin and checking against the domain name?

Thanks,
    -drmike

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by drmike