The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Home.php showing 'My Weblog' instead of blog name (18 posts)

1. kurai
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi!
    I've recently installed WPMU 1.2.2, and I ran into this issue: every blog I create is shown on the main page as My Weblog instead as its real name.
    The real name seems to be defined everywhere, except on site admin/blogs using the edit options. Here each blog is marked as "My Weblog".
    If I try to change it, it simply is renamed as My weblog as soon as I try to save changes.

I believe this issue was solved, but the solutions I've tried simply don't work for me.
    Are you planning to release a new WPMU version which addresses this issue in a short time?
    If not, how can I fix this one?

Thank you very much!

2. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

When you say "solutions", do you mean the one from this ticket?

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/354

Do note that that isn't in 1.2.2.

As to the previous entries that got duped, you have to go through and remove the dupes.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

3. kurai
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've tried this one: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/1002
    Nothing happened. How can I solve the problem of blogs shown as My Weblog? Can you explain it deeply?
    I tried to look in the database, and it appears that there are no dupes: just a My Weblog entry as blog name, even if it's set with another name...
    Really this looks like a major bug, should I reinstall everything?

4. sBlogSitecom
    Posted 16 years ago #

its solved when I updated 1.2.2 to 1.2.3 .

try that

5. kurai
    Posted 16 years ago #

What? Is there a 1.2.3?
    Is it a stable version? Where can I download it? From the download area I still get 1.2.2...

6. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

I got the same problem ... How (and where) did you solve it ?

7. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

no one here ?

8. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

If you folks can't see the links in this thread....

9. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

sorry drmike, not anymore in 1.2.3 ...

10. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

yeah so im really considering that i might be daft or something, but i have infact upgraded to 1.2.3 (admin footer says: wordpress-mu-1.2.3-2.2.1 —) and have manually editet the titel of all affected sites in the "mu-admin -> blogs -> and then choose "edit" on all affected blogs, in here i added the new value and pushed save, altough when this user tries to make a new post "my weblog" still shows. have i missed something?

11. Novocain
    Posted 16 years ago #

i have really been trying to fixe this, altough it still keeps comming back as "my weblog" on the old users that got this as sitename before the upgrade, i have manually edited all of the several of times, but keeps going back to "my weblog"

hope someone can gimmie an sugestion on where to find the solution.

best regards

12. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

*sigh*

Make sure you're using the latest version of the software. That does not mean from teh download page. It means add in the latest fixes from the trac.

You're then going to have to go into the blog's databases and remove the multiple records with the same names.

13. thierryyyyyyy
    Posted 16 years ago #

I tried to locate the bug more precisely, and it happens that in wp_N_options, there are 2 option-name="blogname" options !
    I only have 3 blogs on my wp-mu, so I can't do statistics, but it appears that 1 blog has 2 times the user-defined 'blogname' option. 2 blogs has the first "blogname" => "My weblog" and the second "blogname" is user-defined.
    *hum* I realise that it is the description of the bug which drmike pointed at (http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/354)
    As this bug is noted as "corrected" 5 days before 1.2.3 appears, I would think it is corrected in 1.2.3 (as "enseignement" said.)

14. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I tried to locate the bug more precisely,

*sigh* Look up a post. You have to go back through and remove the dupes out of the database. Just changing the code doesn't solve the issue for the older blogs although it does prevent newer ones from getting them.

15. thierryyyyyyy
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes I notice it.
    for the next guy who will have this problem, here is some SQL queries that helps :
    BUT before using these queries, make sure that "blogname" option is duplicated for those blogs ! (you have been warned)
    DELETE from wp_2_options where option_name="blogname" AND option_id="2";
    DELETE from wp_3_options where option_name="blogname" AND option_id="2";
    DELETE from wp_4_options where option_name="blogname" AND option_id="2";

16. aloncarmel2k
    Posted 16 years ago #

Omg, i spent so much time trying to figure what happend, i thought i massed something up. it caused alot of plugins not to get activated also on activation of blog. everything works fine now. the good thing that resulted from this is that i worked my ass off to move all of my plugins to mu-plugins and drop the auto activation thing. the #355 fix workt for me too.

17. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

"the good thing that resulted from this is that i worked my ass off to move all of my plugins to mu-plugins and drop the auto activation thing."

Um, you do realize that by doing that you are causing an additional and unnecessary load to your site, right?

Mu-plugins executes everything for every single page load.

99% of plugins can be safely left in /plugins, and allow the user to make the decision.

18. aloncarmel2k
    Posted 16 years ago #

yeah thats true in case that i do want users to actually disable or enable plugins, but most of my plugins (only 5 of them) are navigational plugins and features like private messaging and so on. i hate the fact that i have to mass edit all of the current blogs to enable a new plugin or disable an old one.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by kurai
  • Latest reply from aloncarmel2k