The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Login redirecting to wp-admin/profile.php and returning error (12 posts)

1. michaelgracie
    Posted 16 years ago #

I performed a clean MU install, and everything worked perfectly first try. Tinkered for a bit, then added added a user to test the subdomain setup.

I tried logging in as that user, and I got back this message:

You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.

Then I tried logging in as admin, and no luck either. Page access at wp-login.php is redirecting to /wp-admin/profile.php, and returning the same message.

Any thoughts here are appreciated!

2. michaelgracie
    Posted 16 years ago #

This case is closed. User error.

3. tufta
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm getting this problem can you tell what I'm doing wrong?
    It's been quite a struggle getting MU up and running.
    At first I was getting the error with users trying to log on and create a new account. "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page."
    I have LDAP configured and I would think, once authenticated against the LDAP server, it should pass users through. (i.e. you're one of us, Come on in). Further reading suggests otherwise as in, further configuration is required via admin to make that new login a subscriber/author, etc.
    I followed some code hacks that (apparently) fix this issue but they don't work for me. In fact, I've gone back a step because now I get the "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page." once I click on the Login link. It doesn't even ask for user login.
    The url it is calling is wp-admin/profile.php

4. michaelgracie
    Posted 16 years ago #

Not really sure what affect the directory would have on the install. I did a clean install with no aids, and applied the hacks you mentioned to clean up the user permission issue, and everything worked fine after that. My user error was trying to log in using the wrong log in ID at a subdomained account.

5. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

I recently upgraded to mu 1.2.5a from 1.2.4 and now I have a similar problem. My overall site admin account works fine, but all other users cannot login from "/sites/wp-login.php". They can only login from "/sites/username/wp-login.php".

If they try to login from "/sites/wp-login.php" they get redirected to "/sites/wp-admin/profile.php" and the page fires a "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" warning.

I run ubuntu feisty, php5.x, apache2.x, and mysql5.x and I've never had this problem before upgrading to mu 1.2.5a. I'm not completely sure that the upgrade caused the error, because I run mu for a small school and no one complained until today, but it definitely worked fine for me at 1.2.4 and I really haven't done anything of note other than upgrading to 1.2.5a.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know how to solve it? I can't seem to find the answer in the forums.

Many thanks,
    am

6. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

I take it that no one else is having this issue? I've added it as a bug in trac, so if anyone else IS running into it, please add to the issue in trac.

7. anurspas
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes, when I add a new user as SiteAdmin (because my blog administrators cannot add their own users) the email that is automatically generated sends them to the upper level blog profile.php to log in rather than to the blog they want to be a member of. And they are not allowed access.

8. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeah... I think there's something fishy with the cookies assigned when sub users login. I think this would account for anyone not having site admin privs being forced to the "you don't have permission" on the profile page, since mu thinks they're trying to login into the main site admin account rather than their own blog. I say this, because if they go directly to /theirblog/wp-login.php (instead of /wp-login.php) it seems to work fine.

9. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

Can anyone shove me in the right direction on this one? I've looked at the new files in trac, and updated snoopy.php, but still no love.

Quick recap:

I recently upgraded to mu 1.2.5a from 1.2.4 and now I have a "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" problem. My overall site admin account works fine from /sites/wp-login.php, but all other users cannot login from "/sites/wp-login.php". They can only login from "/sites/theirusername/wp-login.php".

If they try to login from "/sites/wp-login.php" they get redirected to "/sites/wp-admin/profile.php" and the page fires a "You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page" warning.

Sorry to bother you, but this is driving me nuts! I don't know where else to look. I just have my teachers going to their blog first and logging in from their Meta Login link, but I'd love to fix this weird login issue conclusively.

10. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

What is each user's primary_blog from usermeta?

Sounds like what I've encountered again, today.
    http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/1065
    New users are fine, but old users need to have the primary_blog updated via phpMyadmin.

(Only affected users I've added manually under SiteAdmin)

11. deenyusoff
    Posted 16 years ago #

i had to update the primary_blog and the source_domain before the redirection worked properly...

12. wep
    Posted 16 years ago #

dsader no, no is solution , is bug and no fix , in wordpress mu 1.3.2 =

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by michaelgracie
  • Latest reply from wep