The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Integrating WP with an existing site + secondary question (4 posts)

1. rjmastey
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm new to using MU, so bear with me please. :D

OK, here's the idea.

I have a site with about 1500 members. I would like to integrate WP with my existing db so current members could simply click an 'activate' link and the activation eMail would be sent to them. New members would automagically have their information inserted and receive an activation eMail.

This is not ideal. IDEALLY, the activation eMail wouldn't even happen.

Are there plugins for this out there? Or am I going to be hard coding all this stuff.

Second question : What does the mu-plugins directory do? I've put plugins in there, and nothing happens.

2. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

The mu-plugins directory makes any plugin placed in there globally activated for ALL users. There isn't any activation or anything, it just is active for everyone.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

As to the first part, all I can think is wouls be to write a script that hooks into (or uses) the manual blog creation thingy in the backend, so it would read your current list of users and set up blogs for them.

There was a thread about creating a slew of blogs on the fly, but that panned out.

4. rjmastey
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK, I have the 'blogs' created, the problem is the users aren't creating. I think it's because they aren't being 'activated'.

I checked my db and this is what I have :
    (User table)
    Users information transferred (username, eMail, password, etc)
    User registered date default not-null (but not date)
    No activation key
    User status all set to 0

(Signups Table)
    No title
    No user email (even though I told it to insert that)
    Default not-null registered
    Default not-null activated
    Active set to 1
    No activation key
    Meta data null (I don't even know what this is)

(Blogs)
    Registered and Last Updated both default not-null

(Registration Log)
    Date registered default not-null

I think it's the activation key and meta that are messing things up. I'm going to have my husband take a look, but I don't know if WP will be his thing, so hopefully someone has an idea...

Thanks so much!

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by rjmastey
  • Latest reply from rjmastey