The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Post Rating plugin - (6 posts)

1. Radecki
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am currently trying to run http://www.lesterchan.net/wordpress/category/plugins/wp-postratings/
    on my wpmu blog and there seems to be a problem with the db tables when i try to use the ratings plugin.

To know.
    Post Ratings Version 1.11
    I have put the plugin in the regular plugins(not mu-plugins) folder and only activating it for one blog to get it working.
    I have no conflicting plugins installed.
    Running MySQL version 5.0.37

Error details.

WordPress database error: 

[Table 'wordpress.wp_1_ratings' doesn't exist]

INSERT INTO wp_1_ratings VALUES (0, 3, 'Home', 

0,'1183026444', '216.183.19.149', 'h216-183-19-

149.gtconnect.net' ,'Guest', 0)

The problem is that i am running the plugin on a different blog wp_5 and what really throws me off is that in the uninstaller it says that

Once uninstalled, this cannot be undone. You should use a Database Backup plugin of WordPress to back up all the data first.Your data is stored in the wp_5_ratings, wp_5_postmeta and wp_5_options tables.

I have tried to activate it on a few different blogs and although the uninstaller information and mySQL databases have the new tables created in the right place thier just seems to be a problem when we go to store the values, which gives the above error always with the table prefix wp_1.

I would think the error would be in the code(around line 700 of postratings.php),

// Log Ratings No Matter What
                $rate_log = $wpdb->query
    ("INSERT INTO $wpdb->ratings VALUES
    (0, $post_id, '$post_title', $rate,'".current_time('timestamp')."',
    '".get_ipaddress()."', '".gethostbyaddr(get_ipaddress())."'
    ,'$rate_user', $rate_userid)");

// Output AJAX Result
                echo the_ratings_results($post_id, $post_ratings_users,
    $post_ratings_score,$post_ratings_average);
                exit();

Any help would be monumental as I am at a loss and i know it will be something ridiculasly simple like a comma or variable name as these problems usually end up being (Note, I installed the origional 1.11 version again to make sure none of my code tweaking caused a problem and am still getting the same error. Also i only get the error if I am logged out if i'm logged in it simply shows the loading image then goes blank (I have it set so that registered users and guests can vote))

I do think this feature would be really cool to add to my wpmu installations so that users can have some input on the rlevance / quality of posts. It is also very interesting because thier is a way to get the most voted, highest voted ...etc to show up on the home page or sidebar.

Sorry for the length but i figure too much information is better then the people that say ...IT doesnt work please help me....

That being said, -IT doesnt work please help me

2. Radecki
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am not gettign too far on this one I can't seem to narrow down the problem.

Does anyone know of any other plug-ins that do user post ratings that works with mu or that works well and i might have more luck migrating to MU.

Or of course if anyone can point me in the right direction for modding the plugin I am trying to use and getting the proper table values.

3. Ovidiu
    Posted 16 years ago #

sorry I can't help on this but I too, need a psot rating plugin, but not the usual one, star based, like from 1-5 instead I'd like one of those where you can give thumbs up or thumbs down so the end result is more like a positive or negative figure instead of some stars.

This I find much better, but haven't yet found such a plugin. The closest I found was something called comment karma, which was doing this for comments => you could rate comments...

4. networker
    Posted 16 years ago #

You might try the Spotback Rating widget.
    http://spotback.com/

5. jeppe
    Posted 16 years ago #

6. Radecki
    Posted 16 years ago #

Jeppe Thanks for the info I know have it working beautifully

About this Topic