The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Rewrite Rules & Images & Comments (4 posts)

1. briangroce
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I installed the latest WPMU release this weekend and am having a few major issues in regards to image uploading and comments functioning.

IMAGE UPLOADING

The image upload works fine on actualy uploading and if I browse to: domain.com/wp-inst/wp-content/blogs.dir/3/files/2005/11/
    I can see all of the images.

But when I'm editing the thumbnails do not show up and the images aren't inserted.

And if I browse to sub.domain.com/files/2005/11/image.jpg it pulls up the index page, not the image.

COMMENTS

On submit you are taken to sub.domain.com/wp-comments-post/ and no comments are being posted to the blog.

Looking through the forums I see people mention:

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+)/wp-comments-post.php(.*) /wp-inst/wp-comments-post.php [L]

But that rule is no where in eitehr of my .htaccess files.

SO WHAT'S UP?

My guess is that this is some sort of .htaccess issue. If anyone has any pointers and/or would be kind enough to pass their rewrite rules my way so I can take a look, it would be much appreciated.

2. angeljs
    Posted 16 years ago #

I desperately need help for this issue, too. :(

3. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

This threa dis 2 year sold, so the info in the op doesn't apply. Can you start a new thread and completely describe the issue you're having?

4. bloggista
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am having the same problem too. First it worked fine. But now, after uploading a few more images, I could not see the images appearing on the page. All it gave is just broken links.

Perhaps somebody got a solution.

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by briangroce
  • Latest reply from bloggista