The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

users_can_register option (4 posts)

1. prokurator
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just downloaded latest version of WordPressMU and still found the same problem with registration. On admin page options-general.php there are no checkbox for option users_can_register and obviously if you want users to be registered for comments you need either to add this (it can easily be done by copying those lines from regular WP blog) or by updating your database from command line. Also in wp-login.php script there is reference to signup page as blog/signup/ and it must be blog/wp-signup.php or through template loader and by adding variable 'signup' in all appropriate scripts in wp-includes directory.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. drmike
    Posted 16 years ago #

I think you're misunderstanding the point of wpmu. Visitors can't register for individual blogs. They register site wide and then can be added into individual blogs by the blog's admin. You have an option on Options -> General labeled "Users must be registered and logged in to comment". If that option is checked, comments will be sent to the wp-login.php page and allowed to create a new account if they don't have one already.

Oh, by the way. Version have numbers. Please use them, especially when reporting "bugs". That's standard with all software and is the quickest way to get developers and other PO'ed at you. Especially with wordpress since it's being so quickly developed and there's so many versions out there. And half the time, folks aren't running the latest when they think they are.

4. gnozu
    Posted 15 years ago #

I'm using wpmu 2.6.5 and 2.7 in different contexts. In neither case is there any option in the user interface to set users_can_register per blog. Site-wide there is an option to allow user accounts to be registered, but this has no effect on the wp-login.php page.

Sure, admin can add users themselves. But what admin of a busy blog wants to do that?

The login page only shows the registration link if users_can_register is set to 1, which can only be done via the database.

This seems like a bug to me, not a misunderstanding of a philosophical issue.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by prokurator
  • Latest reply from gnozu