The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Signup page not working (7 posts)

1. mdazam
    Posted 16 years ago #

hi,

I have tried fresh installing few times but still I have same problem. wp-signup.php is not showing up. page cannot be found error.

Even thought I can able to login as admin and publish. But if want to create new blog user signup page not showing.

my site is something like: http://blogs.mysite.com

I saw lot of same issues but none has given exact answer.
    any help will be appreciate.

Thanks for ur time.

2. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

You should have also seen us telling folks to check their error logs. :)

3. themes101
    Posted 16 years ago #

Having same issue. Clicking on sign up link brings 404 only in IE. Other browsers work fine.
    I made customized template page and put the whole signup code there. Sure enough, that page with signup content works even in IE, but any "error" message, like mistakes in filling out that form and even "complete" message still makes IE giving me a 404 finger :)

Is any shortcut available to break through?

Thanks in advance.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Please search the forums, this was covered extensively about a month ago.

5. themes101
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sure, I will. And just a penny for your thoughts.

I reinstalled everything and chose "subdomain" option instead of "subdirectory", as it was before. No IE sign up problem anymore. But...It turned out that my web host plan won't support such rules of the game.

I would find what I'll do next. Who said:" Give me a code or give me death?" :)

Thanks again.

6. mdazam
    Posted 16 years ago #

Where should I see error logs.

I dont have access to all files as I'm hosting on virtual host. (ie purchased host plan)

7. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Depends. Best bet would be to contact your host as they would know the answer. Most backends used for hosting will display the error logs though. CPanel and Direct Admin do.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by mdazam
  • Latest reply from drmiketemp