The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Custom Main blog (3 posts)

1. GMeagle86
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi-
    I just found about about WPMU and I am very impressed...but I have searched the forum one question I had and couldn't find any definite answers-

I want to have multiple (personal) blogs on my site- But I want to have a main blog which where the admins have the option to 'promote' or to choose what personal blog posts get published on the front page. How would/can this be done?

I also want it so that the main blog is stand-alone so that posts can be made directly onto it, etc.

I have seen ways where you can have all of the blog posts get posted on the front page, and I have seen it done just the standard way of no blog.

Thanks!

2. peiqinglong
    Posted 16 years ago #

1) You have to manually copy and paste it in. As of yet, there is no real way to do that. There is a way to use RSS to post to the main blog, but it won't allow you to pick and choose.

2) The main blog is already stand alone...

3) The way you probably seen is RSS Feed.

3. mysorehead
    Posted 16 years ago #

You can also modify the theme directory for certain blogs (like the main one) and then stick your customized theme in there. Search and you'll find a discussion about modifying the theme directory somewhere here.

Richard

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by GMeagle86
  • Latest reply from mysorehead