The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Dashboard Switcher broken in Safari? (8 posts)

1. subnet
    Posted 16 years ago #

hi folks,

I've searched the forums on this but wasn't able to find anything...

seems like the dashboard-switcher doesn't work in Safari (2.0.4, Mac), the pulldown-menu on mouseover doesn't show up the blog-menu.. :(

any hints how to fix this?

2. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well not sure what you searched for but there's a number of issues with the version of the switcher that was added in that's been discussed already. Mostly typos.

Not sure what version of mu you;re running. Make sure it's 1.2.3 as that has the fixes. Log out, clear your browser's file and cookie cache and try again.

3. subnet
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've seen threads about issues when having " ' "-characters in the blog-title, but that's not the case on my installation.

I'm running a fresh install of MU version 1.2.3

cleaning cache & cookies didn't help unfortunately...

4. Parado
    Posted 16 years ago #

Use the best browser IE 7!

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeah, and then shoot yourself in the head for using that walking security risk piece of crap.

Announcement in October: We've released IE7!

Announcement 18 hours later, from a security firm: IE7 Major security risk.

Gates can stick IE7 straight up his...

6. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK, I can officially confirm that the dashboard switcher 'aint working for Safari 3.03

Unrelated to characters, or anything else I can think of... any ideas (or people who've got it to work)?

7. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

And that's with 1.2.5a :)

8. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

I believe there's still a couple of open tickets with fixes on the switcher still in trac that haven;'t been added in.

I'm trying to go out the door right now though so you'll have to check. Already missed the bus.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by subnet
  • Latest reply from drmiketemp