The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Internationalized MU themes? (13 posts)

1. jeremyclarke
    Posted 16 years ago #

A friend mentioned a listing of i18n-friendly internationalized MU themes that he'd seen somewhere and that would be very useful for all kinds of projects. Does anyone know where I could find either that list or some other listing of localizeable themes to use with MU?

Also, if you just know of any specific themes that would work well, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks, feel free to RTFM me if there's another thread (the wpmuwiki.org site is down though, so hopefully the page isn't on there)

2. quenting
    Posted 16 years ago #

haven't seen any list, but i'd love to.

3. jeremyclarke
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey, here's what I found. Your mileage may vary, I haven't tested them yet but wanted to reply before this post fell off my radar:

Sirius: EN, DE, PT
    Royale: En, ZH, TR, SE, CS, SK, RU,PL, NL, NB, MT, MS, LT, JA, IT, IS, ID, HU, HE, FR, ES, EL, DE, DA, CS, CA.

Mandigo: ZH, UA, TR, SV, SR, SK, RU, PT, PL, NL, NO, MT, MS, LT, JA, IT, IS, ID, HU, HE, FR, ES, EL, DE, CS, CA, AR
    Tarski: SV, RO, NL, NB, ID, FR, ES, DE, BS

The two clear winners for quantity of languages are Mandigo and Royale, which were both deved by whatever onehertz is, so mad props to those guys for their efforts.

Feel free to help the list grow, I'd love to see more options.

4. ala101
    Posted 16 years ago #

iam using Mandigo and its really wonderful!
    Is there any tutorial that could help me in producing international themes like this please ?

or any hints if you have..

5. sadish
    Posted 16 years ago #

My MistyLook theme is all set for with the internationalization.
    Currently .mo is available in German, Dutch and Russian. Check it out.

6. theresac
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've been internationalizing themes like crazy for a FR/EN site. I've got a few dozen finished, with more on the way. If there's interest, I'll repackage them as a theme pack and release them in the next few weeks.

7. theresac
    Posted 16 years ago #

I should note that if I do it; there will be only french and english PO and MO files included. Any other translations will be up to you.

8. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

I would be interested, I can translate the english file to spanish.

9. SteveAgl
    Posted 16 years ago #

I can do italian localization too.

10. theresac
    Posted 16 years ago #

Would it be better to include translation files for each theme or have just one big general one that can be plopped in the themes directory? Any performance issues to be aware of?

11. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

In the next theme pack, all 95 of them will be internationalized.

12. theresac
    Posted 16 years ago #

Oh! Because your theme pack the one I'm working through to internationalize/ translate (plus or minus a few themes). Any idea when that might be coming out?

Otherwise, I'd still be happy to post what I've got in a few weeks when things are finished and polished to hold the tide until your theme pack is released.

Also, would you be interested in distributing the translations to go with the release? How would you prefer that to be organized?

13. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Probably less than a month.

I just use standard WP (ahem, .com) translation files...

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by jeremyclarke
  • Latest reply from Farms