The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Embedding Camtasia Video (6 posts)

1. tooltrainer
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is driving me nuts... I can't for the life of me seem to be able to embed a Camtasia-created .swf movie into a WPMU blog, WITH the controller buttons intact. I've tried every embed method I could find, and am at my wits end. I've tried plugins, code hacks, third-party video hosting solutions, ugh.

Why is this so difficult? It seems like all the solutions are geared to work on WP but break under MU. Can anyone point me to clear instructions for exactly how to embed video into a WPMU blog?? Oh and I don't mind if the solution is site-wide as I am the only person who will ever have access to it. I'm just using each blog as a way to have unique "areas" of my single site.

2. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

http://an-archos.com/anarchy-media-player#download

Look for the link to the beta wpmu version.

3. tooltrainer
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeah tried it, amongst everything else. I can't remember what the issue with this one was (they've all jumbled together in my head at this point) but I do know that, any time I WAS finally able to get the video to work, it was without any transport controls and would just play when the person loaded the page. I definitely don't want this, I want transport controls so my visitors have control over the playback, can rewind, etc.

I'll play with Anarchos again just to be sure, but it definitely was one of my attempts.

4. tooltrainer
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK on reading the instructions more closely, I now remember why this was of no use to me. It gives me a link to the video, but does not embed. The embed capability seems limited only to embedding video on sharing sites like YouTube, etc. which is not what I want to do. My entire goal here is to render out my completed Camtasia project, upload it, and have the player show up in a blog post where visitors can play, stop, pause, rewind, etc. Anarchos does not look to have that capability, or if it does I'm not understanding how to access it.

I spent a great deal of time with the Kimili plugin which I could not get to work either, and the Dev notes on Anarchos imply that Kimili is required. Am I just missing the obvious here? Is there not a single mention of "camtasia" in the wordpressMU support forums because it's so easy to do that everyone but me has already figured it out and had no need for support?? 8)

5. tooltrainer
    Posted 16 years ago #

And wouldn't you know it... just minutes later, I think I've got it using the kml_flashembed plugin.

The trick is a bit unintuitive. In the embed code, you have to provide a link to not the .swf file, but the CONTROLLER swf file. Then the actual video load appears to be handled by the xml file. My final embed code looks like this:

[kml_flashembed movie="/path/to/video/video-file_controller.swf" height="250" width="400" fvars="csConfigFile=/path/to/video/video-file_config.xml" /]

And voila... looks great. Now I just have to figure out how to shut off the auto play, and I'm in business!

6. tooltrainer
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK if anyone knows how to shut off the auto play feature, I'd really like to know how. play="false" doesn't work, nor does autoplay="false". The documentation says that it should just be play="false" but... no love for me. It also plays the audio every time I go to edit the post in the WPMU admin interface. How seriously obnoxious...

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by tooltrainer
  • Latest reply from tooltrainer