The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 1.2.4 (32 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

The download page has been updated with the new 1.2.4 release: http://mu.wordpress.org/download/

This is based on the WordPress security release, 2.2.2 and so it's important for everyone to upgrade. Check the timeline for all the other bugfixes too: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/timeline

Thanks for all your help getting this out!
    Donncha.

2. GIGALinux
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks Gigalinux!

4. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

...and not 12 hours ago, I was going to post a message to these forums suggesting you do a WPMU point release. Also, you seem to have skipped 1.2.3. (Or did I just not notice that it was released?)

5. deanm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Okay, I'm having a problem. I backed up everything and updated WordPress MU. My blog is fine, but all my other users, their blogs are unavailable. I'm getting a 404 Not Found error. What can I do to get them back?

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

@ Jeremy... you missed it.

7. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Upgraded a few hours ago by matching changes from the trunk.

Seems to be working fine :)

8. deanm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Okay, here are some clues. I can see all the blogs in Site Admin>Blogs. I can deactivate blogs and activate them. If I click on Edit for any of the blogs, it takes me to a window where I can see the URL and path, etc. However if I click on Backend for any of the blogs (except my own) it gives me the 404 Not Found error. I also see all the Users in the Site Admin>Users window.

Any guesses?

9. deanm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Okay, here was the problem: I didn't copy over the .htaccess file. I didn't see it in the backup folder I downloaded because the Mac OS apparently treats it as an invisible file.

I downloaded TinkerTool and had it show hidden files. I was able to see the old .htaccess file, uploaded it to my server and now everything's working as it should.

10. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Doesn't your ftp client show hidden files?

And yes, OS X will treat a file beginning with a dot as hidden. It's supposed to. That's a *nix thing, not Mac specific.

11. deanm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes, my ftp client does show hidden files. Unfortunately it took me awhile to figure out it was missing. When I saw .htaccess being mentioned, I assumed it was referring to htaccess.dist. Then reading the forums, I saw that I needed both files

As you can tell, I'm new to this. But I thought I better admit to it and explain where I got confused just in case it happens to someone else.

12. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just to show Jeremy and in no way meant to insult him although I'm sure someone will feel free to curse me out for doing so:

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/1010

13. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hehe, thanks Mike. 2 months ago -- I sure did miss it!

14. nims
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just installed (fresh) WPMU 1.2.4 and strangely the plugins link in admin is not visible. Can anyone check this, please.

15. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

That's because you need to go to WP Admin → Site Admin → Options, and tick the box at the bottom of the screen.

16. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm looking at upgrading. The last release was round about the end of june. Can I just take the files that have timestamps after/on the last release date (so that files modified after June 21st)?

Also is it worth considering a download that is simply the changed files? As far as I can tell only the following files were changed:

admin-db.php
    admin-functions.php
    dashboardswitcher.php
    edit-comments.php
    functions.php
    general-template.php
    index-install.php
    kses.php
    link-import.php
    options.php
    plugins.php
    theme.php
    upgrade-functions.php
    upgrade-schema.php
    upload-functions.php
    version.php
    widgets.php
    wordpress.php
    wp-app.php
    wp-config-sample.php
    wp-settings.php
    wpmu-blogs.php
    wpmu-edit.php
    wpmu-functions.php
    wpmu-users.php

Can anyone confirm this

17. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Steve, upgrading that way should be fine. (Although check Trac to see if any files have been deleted, in which case delete them.)

18. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Quickest way to get the changed files:

Link

Note the zipped file link at the bottom. I *believe* that that link will just give you the changed files. [edit: I may be wrong though now that I'm thinking about it. I think it does give you all of the files. That page does list what files did get updated though.]

Do also note that that will only bring you up to 1039 and not include the latest updates. You may want to consider keeping an eye on trac or learning about diff/patch to keep your site up to date. (The diff link is at the bottom of that page as well and is on the bottom of every changeset page)

19. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ah yes, that's a really easy way to do that.

When you download the diff, you can apply it like this (when you're in the WordPress MU directory):

patch -p1 < /path/to/diff-file.diff

20. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

I hadn't noticed the link to the diff-file!

21. johnnyb
    Posted 16 years ago #

Do I need to run the upgrade script for this upgrade? I'm going from 1010 to 1043.

Also, is there a file I should watch to know when to run the upgrade script, (ie. to update the DB)?

22. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

The version.php file. (I think it's in wp-includes.) The database number changes within it.

Heck, I just run the upgrade every time. Trac's down so I can't check for you. I don't think the db got updated though recently.

23. johnnyb
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks a lot! The DB hasn't changed.

Trac's working for me, so hopefully it'll start up for you soon.

24. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's probably tied into their bandwidth problems:

http://en.forums.wordpress.com/topic.php?id=14921

25. andrisi
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello! I try to use WPMU 1.2.4, and import WordPress blogs from 2.2, but titles of posts, and categories are not imported? Any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

26. redbox
    Posted 16 years ago #

I hope I don't sound dense, but I just want to verify since I've made a lot of changes to the core files..

1- I don't have to run the upgrade script because the database has not changed between 1.2.3 and 1.2.4.

2 - I only need to upload the files that have changed, per the trac link above.

Is that right? Thanks :)

27. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

If your information is correct, that would be true.
    I'd check to make sure there wasn't any db changes at all, including the db version. Other than that, yes. You only "really" need to upload the files that changed.

28. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

Easiest way to check is to open up wp-includes/version.php and see if the db number has been changed. The file should be updated between each version to show the new version number. You need to pay attention to the other line within that file though as that's what controls the version of the database.

Gotta admit though that I just run the upgrade script anyway. Announce a possible short downtime to show that you're upgrading. Show them that you're improving service and all that.

29. ryanozawa
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm stuck in the dark ages with a 1.2.1 install. Am I correct in assuming that upgrading for me involves (1.) backing up everything, (2.) installing the new version over the old, and (3.) running 'Upgrade' within the admin panel as the site admin?

The 'UpgradingWPMU' page here makes it sound a lot more complicated, and talks about RC1 and June 22. But doesn't say what year!

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/wiki/UpgradingWpmu

30. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes, you're assumptions are correct.

Just don't overwrite certain files/directories.
    Like wp-config.php, wp-content, etc. The usual procedure for WP, plus adding in the running of the upgrade from site admin.

Oh, also make a backup of the current files as well. That way, you have a snapshot of the current files, and database, just in case.

About this Topic