The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Sitewide stats? (8 posts)

1. risky
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is there any way to get site-wide stats? Doesn't need to be too complicated, but just something to tell how many hits the entire site is getting per day.

Thanks.

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

You could use some sort of counter script, that is activated for the wp_footer hook. As a bare minimum solution.

3. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Awstats :) Or I think there's some analytics code that you can drop into mu plugins floating around somewhere

4. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

I just use one of the wp-shortstat plugins on all of our blogs, run an hourly count across all of the blogs and add them up.

5. risky
    Posted 16 years ago #

I actually really like the idea of using something like statcounter.com and embedding the code in every themes footer. Great idea. Can anyone think of any problem with that?

6. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

"and embedding the code in every themes footer"

Save the effort, and hook into the wp_footer action. No need to edit every single theme.

7. drmiketemp
    Posted 16 years ago #

I was thinking that using it in a professional manner such as a WPMu and on multiple sites would be against their ToS but I don't see anything right off.

Do note that 250k hits, their limit for a free acount will come up quick on even a low volume install.

I'd rather use something where you can use the data internally like a plugin.

8. Success
    Posted 15 years ago #

What if all my mu blogs are domain mapped and using the same template?

statcounter won't work cos it only track a specific project right?

Is there any tracking service which will auto detect the domain?

About this Topic