The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

php-cgi and wpmu (dreamhost problem) (6 posts)

1. fimion
    Posted 18 years ago #

I have looked and seen some other people asking about dreamhost, and how to install there. I haven't installed there, but i know what the problem is.

the problem is with the section that makes the .htaccess file. most notably, this line:

$base = dirname( $_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] );

this line causes it to refer to the non writable "/cgi-system/". this is because with php-cgi, that variable displays the cgi over the php script.

BUT, here's the thing, i noticed that earlier in the code you have the following line:

@mkdir( dirname(__FILE__) . "/wp-inst/wp-content/blogs.dir", 0777 );

This does infact give the wanted value.

I am now going to attempt replacing $_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] with __FILE__ and see what happens for a fresh install. I'll post my results.

2. fimion
    Posted 18 years ago #

heh, oops, okay, so yeah, now that i see what it's going for i'll try and find a better solution then that.

3. fimion
    Posted 18 years ago #

AHA!!

rather than doing dirname( $_SERVER["SCRIPT_NAME"] ) try doing $_SERVER["SCRIPT_URL"]

4. Diplo
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nice try fimion, unfortunately doesn't work. Any other idea?

5. Diplo
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry, it doesn't work with build wpmu-2006-03-17 but it does with wpmu-2006-06-07. Thanks fimion!

6. sarpicaste
    Posted 17 years ago #

go here to see answers for MU on DreamHost http://wiki.dreamhost.com/index.php/WordPress_MU

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by fimion
  • Latest reply from sarpicaste