The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Inviz' E-Mail all users plguin v2 (15 posts)

1. Invizz
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Okay folks, as Farms asked i made it and it works.

http://konight.ru/wmus/code/wpmu_mailer/wpmu_mailer_2.0.txt
    -> Get the content of a file, create wpmu-mailer.php in wp-content/plugins directory and paste content into it.
    -> Now, in "Write" menu of administrator panel you'll see a "Spam" link. There you can write a spam for users.
    -> For default it's test message. No emails will be sent, just testing it.
    -> If emails are equal for different users it won't send it 2nd time.
    -> There you can see fast XHTML tags menu (I will not make the TINYMCE Support because it is not working in Opera, but i use it, unless you will ask badly ;p ).
    -> Default FROM email is email of user â„–1 registered in blog (usually admin :D).
    -> In Options -> personal options i made a checkbox, which allows you to dont recieve spam. This part was hard, because adding custom options is the part, which not is described in docs AT ALL.
    -> So i gonna rewrite Avatar plugin (which yu can find somewhere nearly) to make avatar options in personal page too.
    -> P.S Now all breaks replace with <BR /> tags and e-mail is clear html. If yu really needed in HTML/TXT radiobutton for users... grml... Okay i can do it, but if it needed.
    -> P.P.S Installation is automatical, just enable plugin and needed table will be created.
    -> P.P.P.S Lazy to make nice readme page.

2. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Holy cow, wow, this is almost as good as Australia qualifying for the World Cup. If it wasn't 11PM here I'd be whacking this up now... tomorrow, tomorrow tomorrow!

Thankyou :D

3. zeug
    Posted 18 years ago #

Looking good Invizz,

but I got a MySQL error first off reporting the spam table didn't exist. On lines 47 and 49 of your plugin the table is built as 'spazm', changed that to spam and got "Spam Successful" on send.

Unchecked the test only, no emails received as yet though.

4. zeug
    Posted 18 years ago #

Too cool, it works! Took another edit though as line 111 had a line break on
    $search[]='
    ';

Fixed that and emails sent and received. Next up, none of the quicktags are working on Firefox 107 OSX 10.3.9. Not that I care as I prefer plain text for emails anyways.

I'm using WMU Stats as well Invizz so thanks all round for some awesome code.

5. zeug
    Posted 18 years ago #

On the Quicktags - line 156 textarea class="content" needs id="content" and Quicktags are working for me now.

6. barrybell
    Posted 18 years ago #

Woooo. Works great. Thanks Invizz. Much appreciated. And also zeug for spotting those typos.

7. Invizz
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

It seems, that I released something like testing version instead of final :) need to reupload it.
    Youve fixed tags, but i bet form is not working now, needs to be id="content" name="content"
    REUPLOADED with some errorfix,. Thanx Zeug

8. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Still had a few little funnies in it... I had to change line 49:

$wpdb->query("CREATE TABLE ".$wpmuBaseTablePrefix."spazm (

to

$wpdb->query("CREATE TABLE ".$wpmuBaseTablePrefix."spam(

And now it seems to work :)

One quick thing:

-Using an apostraphe ' brings in an / as well as in:

"-\'Latest Posts\', \'Latest Updated Blogs\' and \'Featured Blogs\' on the front page"

And one quick check:

-Does this have an 'unsubscribe' link built into it so that the spamee can 'opt out' of future spam?

Cheers, James

9. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Oh... the backticks have been left out of the code above... so don't copy & paste it directly.

10. Invizz
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Dude, redownload plugin, as i said errors fixed now.

Read attentively my first post. It says that this link is in Personal Options. Gotta work on quotes.

11. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

I'm probably missing something... sorry!

When I go here though: http://konight.ru/wmus/code/wpmu_mailer/wpmu_mailer_2.0.txt it's still got the spazm thing

Sorry missed the personal options thing... was installing it as a plugin rather than a mu-plugin... d'uh!

12. Invizz
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Im pretty sure it just cached for you. press f5 at that page.

13. Frequent
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hey Invizz,

There's definately one "spazm" left in there. I had a clear cache going in and still had to correct one.

Other than that it works great! Thanks dude!

Freq---

14. kalam
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

The WPMU Afatars is not working !!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: add_site_settings() in wp-content/plugins/wpmu_avatars.php on line 36

15. DarkPepe
    Posted 17 years ago #

cant download the plugin.. the website is down...

About this Topic