The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 1.2.5 (20 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

WordPress MU 1.2.5 is now available on the download page at http://mu.wordpress.org/download/

This is a security release based on WordPress 2.2.3 and also has two major fixes by Alexander Concha. This is a required upgrade. Please upgrade as quickly as possible.

Check the timeline for all the other bugfixes too: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/timeline

Donncha

2. GIGALinux
    Posted 16 years ago #

3. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just a note for upgraders who might be confused when seeing a lot of errors:

General Mu Plugins are moved to wpmu-functions, so you have to delete/rename the standard ones when upgrading. (pluggable.php, misc.php, global-categories.php & delete-blog.php)

If you want to play safe, do not delete them, but just rename them plugin.phpold or something like that...

Cheers, Bike

4. jelly
    Posted 16 years ago #

hmm... it would be nice if significant changes - like changing the filestructure - were more prominently announced than in a belated comment in the announce-thread.

Right now, I, for one, is very happy that I didn't update as soon as I saw the new release - it would probably have cost me quite a lot of unnecessary time and grief looking for the culprit that had broken my blogs

:) Jesper

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

*slaps head in theatrical fashion* Sorry, I forgot about that change. I'll update my blog's post to warn about that.

6. Vimm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Quick question:

What should I do with all the plugins I've stashed in wp-content\mu-plugins ? They've all magically stopped working.

Also, what's the difference between 1.2.5 and 1.2.5a?

7. moorezilla
    Posted 16 years ago #

You want 1.2.5a, it's a quick bug fix version.

I don't know about the plugins, other than you may have to activate them again.

8. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

With mu-plugins, you have to remove the original plugins that came with MU in that directory (4, I think).

There's a few threads floating around on it.

9. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

it seems that my languages files stoped working after update to 1.2.5, they stil show in dropdown in mu-admin, altough when i select sv_SE and hit update, mu-admin crasches and i go to an 404, the exact url at the time is /wp-admin/wpmu-edit.php

any ideas, the file is in (/www/wp-includes/languages/)
    the file is called sv_SE.mo as its been a long time.

it worked before the update, anyone ellse had problems with this?

10. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

I thought lang files went in wp-content/languages/?

11. Farms
    Posted 16 years ago #

Nope, wp-includes... this is a bit worrying though!

12. systemaddict
    Posted 16 years ago #

You can find solution for the language problem here:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6288&page

13. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thx for the help system addict, i updated from the patch file with shell acess, and it worked verry well thx to a friend.

After update the site dose´nt crash after i have selected sv_SE as default, altough when i do this in site-admin -> options, and also in my_user -> Options -> Language: sv_SE.

in my /www/wp-includes/languages/ there are one file, sv_SE.mo

so from what i can se, the trac update that i installed did not fix this problem.

this is the trac im talking about: http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/429/wpmu-functions.php.patch

before i ran the patch tool, i made a copy named wpmu-functions.bak and ran diff wpmu-functions.php <wpmu-functions.bak to be sure that the update went thru correctly and it did

Any ideas?

Cheers!

14. Vimm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Edit:
    Never mind, my config file was a bit scrambled from the merge to 1.2.5. Cleaned it up and it's working now.

15. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hm im notising more and more problems since last update, not only the problem with languages, now newly registerd users cant login with the password that my WPMU install sends them, i have confirmed this and also signed in to their Admin panel and manually changed their passes, altough not even that does help?

i now suspect that this might be the reason for a drop of activity after registration the last week, any ideas?

EDIT: The really strange thing is that it hits user randomly, no specific pattern or so, what can i do?

Also noticed that some users that signs up gets the "first blog post" in english, and some gets it in swedish, where is the english one comming from, i site-admin the fields are set to my swedish version!

EDIT 2: The user did try the recovery function before announcing the problem, and i also tried this: "e10adc3949ba59abbe56e057f20f883e" its the md5 string for seting the users password (in php myadmin) to 123456, still dosent work..

16. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just a shot in the dark here, but look at this thread...are there caps in the username?

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6217&page&replies=13

If so, the fix posted in the thread by vinhlg worked for me.

Steve

17. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ekusteve, will you be my "wife"? ;D missed that thread, saved my day!

Cheers guys!

18. andrisi
    Posted 16 years ago #

Does this fow the importer, that we can use to import "normal" WP blogs into MU? That was broken earlier, and this is kind of sad - it's your own product... Thanks a lot.

[update: sorry it'as already fixed]

19. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

I Just want to add that ekusteves solution did not fix the language problems, but it did fix the sign in problem!

20. storpappa
    Posted 16 years ago #

http://skamarakas.com upgraded to wordpress-mu-1.2.5 this afternoon. Went without a hitch.

Now, I did play around a bit - I pulled it back to 1.0 once then back again after a cache issue hit me, but again it was easy because of multiple backups and no fear of doing it. I flushed out the directories, brough in the bits as a clean install, verified they worked, brought over the old config file and bam everything was there in inorrect themes and plugins. brought those over, all seem to be working fine.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from storpappa