The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Pluggable functions elsewhere (3 posts)

1. jlencion
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am working on a plugin that needs to overwrite the wp_login() function in pluggable.php which seems like it would work fine, but it has already been overwritten in wpmu-functions.php along with some other supposedly pluggable functions like get_userdata() and get_userdatabylogin(). So now, instead of being able to override these functions I just get a PHP error message saying that I cannot redeclare a function.

Is there some reason these functions have been essentially declared twice (once in an overridable way in pluggable.php and once in a non overridable way wpmu-functions.php)? It seems to be that this was an oversight and will hopefully be fixed in the next version. It would be very nice to be able to use this plugin without having to hack at the WPMU core.

If you have any thoughts or references that you can point me too, it would be much appreciated. In the meantime, I simply removed wp_login() from my wpmu-functions.php file. Thanks!

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

after i upgraded to the latest distro, i had to delete pluggable entirely. i'm watching closely to see how it effects my users.

3. jlencion
    Posted 16 years ago #

@demonicume: I believe that you have run into a different issue. I like the way that pluggable works and have left it in tact--I had to remove some functions from wpmu-functions.php that don't seem to belong in there (like wp_login()).

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by jlencion
  • Latest reply from jlencion