The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Integration with users for a newbie (5 posts)

1. amadou
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi everybody,

I am a complete newbie in Wordpress MU trying to figure out how to integrate WordPress users with my application users. I have found no information on this topic.

Anybody knows whether wordpress provides any support to do this integration?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

regards,

Amadou.

2. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

You seem a little vague on your requirements. You can store extra metadata about your users in the wp_usermeta table. You should also have a look at the bbPress source code for a reference on how they integrate with WordPress.

3. amadou
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks a lot Jeremy,

Yes you are right I have not been concrete at all in my question, but the problem is I have no clue at all on how to start. I have not found any document on how to get started, may be for being so lost.

Anyone can give any information on how to get started?(from the very beginning)

Sorry for such a general question, and thanks in advance.

Amadou.

4. amadou
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok, I think I can give more details and explain myself a little better.

Let's see the general purpose of my duty. I am working in a J2EE-Struts Application with an Oracle Database. The aim is to use Wordpress MU so users from the current system (stored in the Oracle Database) can create their own blogs.

In some way I need to integrate my application login with users from MySQL WordPress MU database. For example, when a new user gets registered in my system I will need to add this user to Wordpress. Another difficulty would be to control permissions, as no all users from my system will have access to all blogs.

Anyone has tried anything similar?Any clue on how to get started?

Thanks.

Amadou.

5. miteshashar
    Posted 16 years ago #

You may want to try this out.

Generate a dynamic XML list of allowed users picked up from your Oracle database.

Modify MU to pick up that list and create users.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by amadou
  • Latest reply from miteshashar