The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WordPress MU 1.3rc1 - first WordPress 2.3 merge (17 posts)

1. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Finally, it's here. The first release candidate is merged into Subversion and is available by going to http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/browser/trunk?rev=1069 and scrolling to the bottom of the page where you can download a zip file of revision 1069.

This code should only be used on a development or test server but I would like to hear how you get on when upgrading from an older version. Unfortunately there's an active ticket that says upgrades don't work so this is why you shouldn't use this in production. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Also, if you don't use the sync taxonomy script and you have many blogs on your site, all the blogs trying to upgrade at the same time may bring down your site.

New in this release: tags are the main difference, but I also added a few registration options and changes. I added headers to the signup page to hide the page from search engines (may help to stop some sploggers), and also registration can be disabled now.
    The profile page has been updated. It now lists your primary blog which can be changed.
    Lots of small bug fixes: see the timeline for more.

This is an experimental release. "It works for me" but I only tested it on a dev server.
    *Not suitable for production yet*
    (Is that enough warning?)

2. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just upgraded my 1.2.5a test site...apache/mysql...I only have about 70 blogs on the site.

-- The upgrade was smooth...I upgraded all blogs from the admin area with no problem.

-- Created a blog with no problem. The tags seem to be working...I added some and was able to find the post searching for the tag.

-- The allow new registrations and registrations notification seem to be working and I did get the warning that this was enabled for all when I created another blog as admin. I did notice the problem with the "Limited Email Registrations" field stretching across the page when a lot of domains are entered still exist.

-- The new rte seems to load and work fine...which is great since it will allow me to remove the advanced wysiwyg editor plugin I was using.

-- The blog switcher in the profile seems to work fine.

Just from a quick test, it seems to be working great. Thanks.

Steve

3. dsader
    Posted 16 years ago #

Dashboard-->Write in the upload frame:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_space_allowed() in /home/..../wp-admin/includes/upload.php on line 187

Works if I change . . .

function display_space_usage() {
    		$space = get_site_option( "blog_upload_space" );
    	//	$space = get_space_allowed();
  4. ekusteve
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes, I see that error as well.

Steve

5. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

dsader - thanks, must have been lost in the merge. I'll put it back over the weekend!

6. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

ekusteve - thank you too for testing and the detailed report. Glad to see the upgrades went ok!

7. ktlee
    Posted 16 years ago #

hi donnacha,

Fresh new install using the svc to the trunk repository http://svns.automattic.com/wordpress-mu/trunk/

- primary blog switcher work fine.
    - create posts with tag and category works.
    - tag cloud widget works
    - add couple links test works.
    - verified that "Allow new registrations" - all four options work as expected.
    - blog 1 table and the wp_blog, wp_site, etc. create with latin1_swedish_c charset/collation, as a result, people get "??" character when trying to write multibyte character.
    - news blog db were created default to UTF

You might want to make text fields in those table default to UTF to get rid of that problem for both post and terms, term_taxonomy. =)

- Upload has that small error.

So far looks pretty nice. Thank you.

8. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Works fine for me on my live site. Although I reckon the Documentation link in the footer of the administration page should link to Category:WPMU on the Codex.

9. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've got a subdirectory install so I'll give it a spin on a test copy sometime in the next few days if that helps?

10. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

One issue: the tag permalinks don't work — at least, until you go to Options > Permalinks, and hit the Update button. That fixes it.

11. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

i'm using this live as i haven't completed my test environment and my site is really just for kicks and people i know. some things i've notice.

1)had the broken permalink error. JV's fix for that works fine. we're good there.
    2)for some reason my admin account still picks up the blogs i surf to. meaning, when i backend a blog, when i leave, it still shows up under my switcher and i receive emails concerning comments, etc. i've has this problem since the beginning and i havent found a fix yet. the upgrades haven't fix it either.
    3)unable to log into my main blog FROM the main blog. it times out and i exceed my CPU usage quota. checked the rror logs and this is what i see:

/*/**/*/realsportsbloggers/wp-admin/error_log: [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY type_status_date (post_type,post_status,post_date,ID) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (blog_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY db_version (db_version) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (blog_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY domain (domain(50),path(5)) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY lang_id (lang_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (ID) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY IP (IP) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY activation_key (activation_key) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY domain (domain) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY domain (domain,path) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (cat_ID) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY category_nicename (category_nicename) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY last_updated (last_updated) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (meta_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY meta_key (meta_key) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY site_id (site_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (umeta_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY user_id (user_id) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY meta_key (meta_key) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: PRIMARY KEY (ID) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY user_login_key (user_login) [13-Oct-2007 08:24:12] Index string: KEY user_nicename (user_nicename) [13-Oct-2007 08:32:44] WordPress database error: [Table 'database.wp_1_categories' doesn't exist] SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp_1_categories [13-Oct-2007 08:54:39] WordPress database error: [Table 'database.wp_29_categories' doesn't exist] SELECT COUNT(*) FROM wp_29_categories

the only process running is wp_login.php. i'm not sure how to read this error, so if anyone wishes to save me an afternoon of googling - when i should be watching football - i'd appreciate it.

since i'm one of the few people running it live, i'll submit any bugs i find to trac.

thanks and great work guys.
    DemonC

12. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

went back to older wp-login.php and i'm in. hope this helps.

13. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Brilliant work everyone, I'll fix that tags permalink thing, but the wp-login.php problem is one I haven't heard of. I'll need to debug that.

14. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Additionally, I can't log in to the backend of any blog that I'm not a user of, even though I'm the site admin. It keeps redirecting me to my primary blog.

15. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

JeremyVisser - I haven't seen the tag permalink issue. Is this on an upgraded system?

16. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

I was able to login to other blogs as a site admin on a vhost install.

17. JeremyVisser
    Posted 16 years ago #

Donncha, yes, immediately after upgrading, the tag permalinks didn't work. Also, I can now log in to other blogs as well, after upgrading to r1078.

Would flushing the rewrite rules upon upgrading be feasible?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from JeremyVisser