The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

slickr help (6 posts)

1. chowanec
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey all,

Been trolling for a while, first time post -- be gentle.

But -- I'm trying to get the Slickr gallery plugin to work with my mu install. Everything appears to work fine, images cache, the cache can clear, etc.

I just can't get anything to run right. I get this error and 0 thumbnails:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/admin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slickr/slickr.php on line 265

test album name

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/admin/public_html/wp-content/plugins/slickr/slickr.php on line 413

the slideshow link and the flickr link on the page both work fine. Just can't integrate it. I did as much research as I could to find out that it's crapping out on a 0 length array? Anyone else see this, deal with this? Not sure if I can do anything about it or not...?

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

If its got a zero length array it would suggest that it doesn't think the selected album/photoset has any photos in it.

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Actually, that plugin has more issues than that with MU. At least it did in the version I grabbed.

Table prefixes and cache file storage paths for starters, off the top of my head.

4. stimuli
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yeah, I didn't take WPMU into account when I wrote Slickr. BTW, there is an option to use db storage buried in slickr.php (I think, or it might be in phpFlickr.php)

5. PTLF
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi there!

I run WPMU and like the slickr-plugin for my sidebar. But any time I activate it I cannot get in my plugins menu anymore... does anybody know a solution or is it the conflict with MU?

Thanks for help

6. deenyusoff
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi guys, I am running Slickr on my WPMU site and it works like a charm. Everything works however initially when i tried to remove the donate box in the admin panel, it caused a blank page.

Then i realised I removed one brace by accident. Thats why it didn't work. Before you tell me that I could just change the value of 'Slickr_flickr_nag' to 0 I must tell you that I tried and the donate box was still there. :D So I had no choice but to remove it by force. Didn't feel like debugging the tag.

Anyway for those that had problems with most of Wordrpress plugins, I discovered that most of the plugins will be buggy on PHP 4 but works rather well on PHP 5. Especially for those plugins that uses arrays. So you might need to hack it a little to get the plugins to work on PHP 4 based servers or just upgrade to the latest stable version of PHP. :D

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by chowanec
  • Latest reply from deenyusoff