The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

mu-plugins bug or expected behaviour? (4 posts)

1. jsherk
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thought this was interesting...

I put dropped the whole eventcalendar3 folder into the plugins directory, and with Site Admin->Options->Plugins Enabled, I am able to Activate and Deactivate the plugin individually as required on each blog.

Now I understand that if you put a plugin in the mu-plugins directory, it will auto-activate and you will not see the PLUGINS menu appear on the admin screen. BUT... if you drop the whole eventcalendar3 folder into the mu-plugins directory, it does not recognize the plugin at all. You need to take everything out of the eventcalendar3 folder, and put it directly into the mu-plugins directory, and then it will work.

The only problem with this, is that if you need to remove a plugin, you now have your mu-plugins directory full of a bunch of files, and you don't know which ones go with each plugin.

2. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

This is standard behaviour. You can simply get past it by leaving it in the folder and just adding a dummy php file to the mu-plugin folder with something like

<?php
    include('pluginfolder/pluginfile.php');
    ?>

Cheers, Bike

3. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

That is correct behavior. The mu-plugins directory does not recognize directories. You can still keep it in a directory, but you have to put a file in the main mu-plugins directory to include the main plugin file inside of a directory.

4. jsherk
    Posted 16 years ago #

That was too easy!!! I'll try for a harder question next time.

Thanks

About this Topic