The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Image display problem (6 posts)

1. pramodd
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am uploading images using the upload function. The image gets displayed in the editor window. However, when I save a post the image isn't showing up on the actual post.

Even changing the image URL from

http://domain.com/wordpress/files/image.jpg

to

http://domain.com/wordpress/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/image.jpg
    [This is where the image is actually uploaded]

does not display the image in the actual post.

Any answers???

2. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Um, what's the reason for posting this more than once?

The image is uploaded to a special directory, and translated through the htaccess rewrite rule (which was pointed out to you), so that it can serve the file from the users upload directory, but the url is shorter and more pretty.

What's the code look like, without the visual editor? Is the image tag on?
    Are permalinks working? Anything in the error logs? Can you put the (correct) link in your browser and view the image?

3. pramodd
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello lunabyte,

The problem I had earlier was that the upload function was not uploading images. I got a fix for that. Now the images are uploaded but they are not displayed on the actual post - whether you use the shorter version [url rewrite] or the longer version [ no URL rewrite] ... the images are simply not displayed on the actual post page.

4. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Let me try this again, one final time....

What's the code look like, without the visual editor? Is the image tag on? Are permalinks working? Anything in the error logs? Can you put the (correct) link in your browser and view the image?

5. bloggista
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, I have the same problem. At first, it worked fine, but after about 3 posts, all of the sudden, images are not displayed. I tried to put the link in my browser but it says the page cannot be found. Any help?

6. bloggista
    Posted 16 years ago #

I looked at the directory blog.dir and the images are all there. But I cannot get them to be displayed. When uploading, I cannot see the image just uploaded. My blog.dir permission is set to 755, is this correct? . Any idea why I can't get my images displayed. Sorry to annoy you guys, but I really need help.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by pramodd
  • Latest reply from bloggista