WordPress MU 1.3 (73 posts)

1. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have many errors after upgrading my site to 1.3
    all links go to sign-up page :|

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

haythoo - have you checked your db? Is wp_blogs sane and ok?

3. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

Yes It is okay

the site is working, but all post links go to sign-up page
    see
    minus.human.bahblog.net

4. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 16 years ago #

Haythoo - I don't know what you're doing there, all those links are flash objects or something. Can Google index your site at all? I do see the links on the sidebar and they go to your signup page.

I can't think of anything except the obvious - look at your .htaccess, look at the permalinks option in your blog's options table.

5. Konstan
    Posted 16 years ago #

Has anyone had any trouble with themes? Just asking before I upgrade.

6. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

@donncha
    I didn't understand what you said..

but I think the problem couz of the encoding, because my databse is not utf8 encoding

how I can fix this problem

7. honewatson
    Posted 16 years ago #

Doncha I have had the same problem with the redirects for sign ups except it only does it for categories and tags. Permalinks are fine.

I have checked the .htaccess and it is as should be.

It's like its gone from a subdomain set up to a folder set up.

8. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

Why xmlrpc is disabled ? It's a feature massively used by users ??
    Could you explain if it's for a security reason ? I can't get it ...
    Could you tell us when this feature will be available again ?

Thanks for the great work !!!

Benjamin

9. Bike
    Posted 16 years ago #

xmlrpc is a feature massively used by spammers :)

So it would be great to have it turned off by default, so either users can turn it on or only the admin, on request. This will kill 99% of spamposts as they are all done by XMLRPC.

But as you can read in the first posts, it is not turned off at all, but this functionality will be in a plugin from Donncha soon.

Cheers, Bike

10. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

@honewatson
    have you fix your problem?

11. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

how I could back to 1.25

12. qza
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is taxonomy sync script OK now? Or is it still beta?

13. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

My site is going down coz of this problem

all links go like that
    http://bahblog.net/wp-signup.php?new=2007

14. sugardaddy
    Posted 16 years ago #

Woooo !!!
    All my blogs are displaying a blank page... impossible to access the admin too.
    Same thing without the plug-ins...

... grrrr ... hopefully I have a backup ;)

15. emoruffino
    Posted 16 years ago #

i saved my most important files and did a mysql dump... now im going to upgrade... lets see!

16. sugardaddy
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ok, well done... everything is back after an ftp overwrite instead of a sync
    Every plug-ins, themes and hacks are working.

17. Haythoo
    Posted 16 years ago #

I deleted all files, uploaded id again, and the problem still there!

I couldn't find any thing...

My users is ruining away from my site because of this problem...

all I van do, is restore backup or something like that... :(

18. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

hmmm, i lost my wysiwyg and code editor in the upgrade, only get titel bar and text box, none of the buttons.., people are reporting white pages when they do something in admin-panel, after hitting save they get a white page and no reload.

19. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Addon, they get the same white-pages when they try to upload images. (i havent tried all functions, but i get an white page on almost every action in adminpanel.)

20. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

OK so i fixed both problems above by deleting all files, installing latest release and then running upgrade, altough now i get the same mysql error as someone mentioned earlier, this is from my error_log:

[05-Nov-2007 04:37:30] WordPress database error: [Table 'bloggpro_bloggproffs.wp_1_categories' doesn't exist]
    UPDATE wp_1_categories SET cat_ID = '357' WHERE cat_ID = '3332'

Any toughts?

Ps. Sorry for the frequent posting, i wish the edit tag wouldnt disapear so fast

21. mark-k
    Posted 16 years ago #

seems like its being originated in wpmu-functions.php at line 1830 ( $wpdb->query( "UPDATE $wpdb->categories SET cat_ID = '$global_id' WHERE cat_ID = '$term_id'" );
    ).

IMHO it is safe to put lines 1830 and 1831 under a remark.

22. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

blogproff - ain't that a theme incompatibility error?

23. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

Demonicume, how do you mean? i would have figuerd its a crasch between categories and the new tag system! but that is just me guessing!

24. johnc-bae
    Posted 16 years ago #

I encountered, and seem to have resolved, the same issue Haythoo described.

I have a clean install on a CentOS 5 box that has no other activity. Links to posts (not pages) were going to a sign-up page: http://example.com/wp-signup.php?new=2007.

To resolve this, I went into the control panel for the blog and set permalinks to Custom using the default given "/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/".

I am no longer encountering the error.

I hope this is useful.

25. Bloggproffs
    Posted 16 years ago #

from what i can see i get this error whenever a user tries to post a blogpost

bloggproffs.se/error.txt

This wasnt around before the lastest uppgrade.

Please advice.

26. snakehit007
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thank you! Very nice ;-) Good work to the developers!

* Did anyone found a method to fix the login without lowercase usernames...

27. beaulebens
    Posted 16 years ago #

Blogpgroffs - that error appears to be related to the fact that the new taxonomy doesn't include the categories table, but older blogs do/may. Rather than doing a check to see which tables are present/what version DB that blog is running, then doing the appropriate update on the tables, the code in wpmu-functions.php just does both update-styles, since a failure on either set of commands will not result in a catastrophe. See the code below (which is copy-pasted from wpmu-functions.php)

$wpdb->query( "UPDATE $wpdb->terms SET term_id = '$global_id' WHERE term_id = '$term_id'" );
    $wpdb->query( "UPDATE $wpdb->term_taxonomy SET term_id = '$global_id' WHERE term_id = '$term_id'" );
    $wpdb->query( "UPDATE $wpdb->term_taxonomy SET parent = '$global_id' WHERE parent = '$term_id'" );

$wpdb->query( "UPDATE $wpdb->categories SET cat_ID = '$global_id' WHERE cat_ID = '$term_id'" );
    $wpdb->query( "UPDATE $wpdb->categories SET category_parent = '$global_id' WHERE category_parent = '$term_id'" );

So it does the new way of doing that update (top 3 lines) and then it also does the old way (next 2 lines) just in case. In the case that you're running an OLD DB, the first 3 will fail, if you're upgraded, the bottom 2 will fail.

I can't imagine that this error is really a problem at all for you, although perhaps it should be wrapped in a conditional and only executed based on the version of this blog.

Beau

28. re5et
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am encountering a rather infuriating error that has something to do with the tags/category mix up. I was experiencing the above issue, commenting out lines 1826 + 1827 took care of that, but the more bizarre part of my issue still exists.

Anytime a tag is added via the admin during a post, i get an error similar to this:

[error] WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '13' for key 1]\nUPDATE wp_1_terms SET term_id = '13' WHERE term_id = '20775'\n

Now if the same tag is used again, i get the following:

WordPress database error: [Duplicate entry '13-post_tag' for key 2]\nUPDATE wp_1_term_taxonomy SET term_id = '13' WHERE term_id = '20775'\n

I should also note, that the tag is then replaced with the first term id's text, as in the newly created term with the id of 20775 will actually show up as the associated text for the tag id 13.

This makes it impossible to use the tagging system.

I have a copy of the database prior to the upgrade, i wipe out all the files, replace the database with the backup, put new files from the 1.3 release in, and then upgrade via the admin, and the result remains the same.

Also, as you can see from the term id's, i am still experiencing the following issue:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=3308&page&replies=16

=( =(

29. re5et
    Posted 16 years ago #

After further investigation into my above issues, it appears to have something to do with wp_sitecategories. wp_sitecategories only has 8 entries before and after conversion, however there are far more than 8 categories(58).

This appears to be screwing up the queries of the function global_terms() in wpmu-functions.php, which in turn messes up the association id's for categories/tags/etc.

The first id it attempts to insert into the wp_1_terms table after the upgrade is 9(first number after count of wp_sitecategories), however because there are more categories than are listed in wp_sitecategories, this id is already taken in wp_1_terms. This leads to pretty much everything being hosed.

Anyone have any ideas?

I guess i need to figure out why my wp_sitecategories table is so short, and how i can correct it before attempting the updated to 1.3 again.

30. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm not sure why the site categories table still exists, to be honest.

I don't see a purpose for it at all.

It was a plugin originally, the basis for something else at one point long ago, but it's useless now. You could dig through wpmu-functions, and have that function just send back the original id passed to it.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by donncha
  • Latest reply from lunabyte