The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

clicking on "activate your blog" link -> can't display a page (7 posts)

1. gregmen
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi

I installed the WPMU choosing to use subdomains for new blogs.

Then when a new user signs up for a blog in the wp-signup page, he gets activation link emial but when clicking on this link there is a " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" page. The activation link looks like
    http://blogname.domain.com/wpmu/wp-activate.php?key=453587d730ab0c2

Any ideas what could be wrong? I installed wordpress-mu-1.2.5a release

Tx, Greg

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Did you enable wildcard subdomains?
    Did you read the readme.txt?

3. gregmen
    Posted 16 years ago #

Andrea

thanks a lot! That fixed it all after asking my host to enable wildcard.

Greg

4. Simus
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am having exactly the same problem. When you click on the activation link sent by wordpress mu, you get a page not found error - " Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage".
    I double checked with my host provider and I even sent him a extract of the readme.txt, and his answer is:
    "I have checked the <VirtualHost> section for you and found all the settings are there as above mentioned by you."
    Can anybody help me sort this out, please?
    Thanks.
    Simeon.

5. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Simus, it's not a good idea to create multiple posts on the same project. All you do is create more work for those trying to help out. You wouldn't do that in real life, would you?

Please take a second and read the readme file included with the download. There's a section in there about how to get help in the forums and what information you need to provide. At the very least, double checking the webserver's errors and providing a link to your install would be a start.

6. Simus
    Posted 16 years ago #

You are right Theapparatus. The explanation is: after posting this one, I went around on the forum to see where it was posted, and I could find nothing. Not knowing what happened, I just started a new thread, which I also could not find... So, sorry!
    What regards the readme.txt file, I read it and followed its instructions. I sent an extract to the hosting provider and he confirmed that the configurations were correct.
    About the link: I gave it in the new post I started: it is http://simusonline.com.

7. ivents
    Posted 16 years ago #

i am not getting activation url in the confirmation email after creating new blog.

I am just getting a plain url. I am using latest mu wordpress

About this Topic