The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Any modx CMS and WP MU experience? (6 posts)

1. brainwise
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have a static site with lots of articles. Want to be able to let visitors create their own blog and have the same id be used in forums, and have certain users be able to create web pages. Have tried looking at doing this with modx CMS. Am debating on whether I can do these things with WP MU only or if I need the CMS as well. Don't want to have to learn both of them. Is there some documentation on WP MU being used as a CMS?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

WPMU is software for blog farms. It can be used as a CMS (of sorts) but you'll need to do some work, as it doesn't do it out of the box.

3. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hmm.. Is there any CMS like Joomla that has a bridge with WordPress MU? I cant understand why someone able havent made a bridge between these two?!

4. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

I cant understand why someone able havent made a bridge between these two?!

We're waiting for you to do it. :)

5. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Joomla cannot be bridged with WP, or MU.

Reason? Joomla's license. They absolutely will not allow something to be bridged with it that isn't pure GPL.

Since WP and MU are not "completely pure" (they allow additional plugins/themes/features to be of a different license), Joomla would throw a fit.

Although a search for joomla here, would bring up some more info.

6. birman
    Posted 15 years ago #

Anything new here ? I like this idea "Want to be able to let visitors create their own blog and have the same id be used in forums"

I'm sure the poster means an Automatic "signup" and instant access and own Blog for members "invited" to take a look from a seperate Forum Site.

- what is required here is to have the Mu recognise and accept the Cookie from the relevant Forum - a massive marketing tool - Help required please :-)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by brainwise
  • Latest reply from birman