The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

email notification (4 posts)

1. richardh37
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

my next request after some very clever bright spark solved the images and comments problem is....

Does anyone have any advice on why new users do not recieve email notifications when they register?

I get them but they do not.

where are the settings/script code for email notifications? is there something in .htaccess that needs to be tweaked?

I don't really want to uninstall and reinstall again (because I;ve done it a dozen times!)

anyone have any ideas?
    thanks

2. richardh37
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

while i'm here, is this line correct (in the .htaccess file):
    RewriteRule ^wp-newblog.php$ /wp-inst/wp-newblog.php [L]

and would it be this line that might be at fault for not sending emailnotifications?

3. gserafini
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hmm, I just tried registering a new site again on Blog-o-Matic.com and received the email notification (sent to a gmail account).

The place where the email gets mailed out to the user is in wp-inst/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php

@mail($admin_email, __('New ' . $current_site->site_name . ' Blog').": ".stripslashes( $weblog_title ), $message, $message_headers);

So that might be one place to start investigating...

I think if you can successfully set up a new site then the wp-newblog.php .htaccess line is probably ok...

4. Stapleton
    Posted 18 years ago #

For some reason recently.. all email notification for new comments and when a user creates a new blog...they aren't emailed the password and username for that blog, and I also don't recieve a email for a new blog that was created...can someone help me with this? Where should I look?

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by richardh37
  • Latest reply from Stapleton