The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem Creatting Blogs (7 posts)

1. Luizm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi,

When a user create a blog, the blog is create, but the blog owner can't login.
    I am the site admistrator and when i try to edit the blogs i receive the message:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/blogprof/public_html/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 138

The Blog Page is stop to load and in the rigth box there are no rules in the combo box.

2. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

I got the same problem : everything is ok when I want to create a blog.

But when i want to login :
    I'm redirected to this :
    wp-admin/install.php

Is it something to do with the wrong number of version ? Wordpress 2.3.1 ?

Please, any help would be appreciated !
    Benjamin

3. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

When I try to edit the blog, i got this :
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/web/www/blog/wp-admin/wpmu-blogs.php on line 138

4. Luizm
    Posted 16 years ago #

CHECK your wp-config.php.

i change this:

define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf-8');

To

define('DB_CHARSET', 'latin1');

And It Works.

5. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Mucks up your clients though as their databases are still in utf8.

the login issue was solved in the 1143 changeset on trac.

6. enseignement
    Posted 16 years ago #

Theapparatus,

Are you telling us that this solution (changing from utf8 to latin1) will destroy everything ??

When it's set up in utf8, new users can't login unfortunately.
    What's your idea to solve this ?

7. jimgroom
    Posted 16 years ago #

I had this same issue, but mine came about when I change what seemed like a typo from UTF8, to UTF-8. it fixed all my encoding issues, but I could create new blogs that would resolve and got the same error as enseignement above.

I have changed the character set back to UTF8, and I can now create new blogs, but I noticed a few character encoding anomalies as soon as I did this. Anyone work though this issue in an effective manner so that we don't have to use a character set that seems like a typo not go back through a WPMu environment and root out bad encoding?

This issue for me is related to this thread here: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=6737&page&replies=12#post-46836

About this Topic