The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Doing A First Time Install (6 posts)

1. lufbra
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Hi there.
    I have just uploaded all the files required through my FTP set up, CHMOD'd all the files to 777, then tried running the install through my web space server, only to get this...

Warning: main(/home2/username/public_html/pubblogs/wpmu-settings.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/username/public_html/pubblogs/wp-config.php on line 86

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/home2/username/public_html/pubblogs/wpmu-settings.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home2/username/public_html/pubblogs/wp-config.php on line 86

Here is what I see in the wp-config.php from line 83 to 87...

/* Stop editing */

define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');
    require_once(ABSPATH.'wpmu-settings.php');
    ?>

I'm just not sure what or where I went wrong with the install process that'd cause this, or how I could fix it!

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. federico
    Posted 18 years ago #

try it in the root directory

3. lufbra
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thanks for the reply, I was able to get things going a little further now, but now after the database tables are created, and I am allowed to log in using the username and password that's automatically created, after hitting the "log in" link I'm getting this error...

Fatal Error
    Database Tables Missing.
    The table lufbra_davespubblogs::wp_site is missing. Delete the .htaccess file and run the installer again!
    Please check that your database contains the following tables:
    wp_blogs
    wp_users
    wp_usermeta
    wp_site
    wp_sitemeta
    wp_sitecategories

All that tables are in the database and I've tried deleting the .htaccess file, before clearing the database files then trying the install procedure again, but I'm still getting the above error.

I have all file CHMOD'd to 777 with the hope that may have helped, but I guess not.

4. lufbra
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Any suggestions as to how I can fix this? :)

5. federico
    Posted 18 years ago #

Serveralias and DNS cathch-all setup in your domain. Your host admin can do this. .htaccess file, wp-inst and wp-content must be chmod 777 (only this). Before install again delete all table in your database.

6. chanzero
    Posted 17 years ago #

federico: could you explain this "Serveralias and DNS cathch-all setup in your domain"? i'm having the same problem as lufbra

About this Topic