The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Front Page Post Aggregation (4 posts)

1. adarii
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am using WPMU 1.3 on OS X 10.4 Server

I am trying to find a way to aggregate blog posts, from multiple blogs, on a front page, or multiple front pages by category.

For example, I work for a Faculty at a Uni, various program areas want blogs. No problem Set up WPMU and limit signups to the appropriate domain and away we go.

Now, each program area would want an aggregation of their areas posts (and possibly also from external blogs)

One way I thought of doing this is having a category or tag, that bloggers can flag which posts they want to display on the front page, so blogger 1 flags her post with category 'area1' and blogger 2 flags his post with 'area2'

Front Page 1 would pull and display all posts from all blogs flagged with 'area1' and Front Page 2 would pull all posts from all blogs flagged with area2

Now I kind of have the first part working using the "ah-recent-posts-mu" plugin which I am pulling the most recent post from all blogs into a single page. Now I want to know if there is a way to nicely split it out or whether I'm looking at multiple MU installations per Program Area.

RSS might be the answer but I seem to be unable to find an rss plugin that works with MU or maybe these "Sitewide Tags" I keep hearing about but can't seem to find any info on.

Thanks to all the people who post here, I would not even be this far if it were not for the fab info here.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

I can't remember offhad how to use ah-recent-post ot filter by category. (Mr Andrea_R wrote it)

Look for MU sitewide feed plugin, I know people have filtered by category with that.

There's an older thread here on how to do dr mike's sitewide tag setup.

Plenty of ways to do what you want in one install. :)

3. adarii
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks for the response Andrea

Yes I got the sitewide feed plugin running also now I guess it's just a matter of trying to figure out how to split it into categories.

The problem I am running into is a lot of the plugins I've seen referenced on this site are either old or just don't like either my install, or the new WPMU :)

Otherwise things are going well!

4. uscommonsense
    Posted 16 years ago #

UGH! itdamager's site (regardin the sitewide feed plugin) is down! :( Wanted to get more information on this. I believe adarii is asking about something which I am planning to do on a site as well.

Adarii, if you figured this out, please share with us.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by adarii
  • Latest reply from uscommonsense