The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp-admin header and post.php errors (4 posts)

1. storpappa
    Posted 16 years ago #

I moved my mu installation from a GoDaddy VDS to a domain hosted account. The VDS was on Fedora 4 and needed an upgrade which is a total erase. That means a few backups and a move.

The site and db transferred over fine, but errors are creaping up that can really only be traced to the move since things were going well before.

After checking here and web searches, a lot of people have these same erros and a few replies but nothing that shows resolution feedback or troubleshooting suggestions.

Any feedback appreciated -

In the wp-admin page errors show up above the news and in the left panes -

After posting post.php replies with these -

Warning: reset() [function.reset]: Passed variable is not an array or object in /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php on line 1890

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php on line 1891

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php:1890) in /home/content/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 398

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php:1890) in /home/content/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 399

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php:1890) in /home/content/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 400

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php:1890) in /home/content/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 401

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/html/wp-includes/wpmu-functions.php:1890) in /home/content/html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 348

And I've checked the files for trailing line feeds or spaces just in case they worked before with them or the FTP transfer did anything to the files, which I doubt but did as that seems to be the only suggestion for these problems I have come across.

2. SteveAtty
    Posted 16 years ago #

All the lines throwing warnings in pluggable.php are to do with cookies and they seem to be being upset (or are upsetting) the array pointer reset in wpmu-functions.

The first warning about reset would suggest that the $admins variable is empty.

You've not lost something during your migration - like the list of users who are admins on the blog?

3. storpappa
    Posted 16 years ago #

I've been banging at this for some time with various things working then failing on another error. It is just a wierd error condition.

If I continue with no real success or troubleshooting plan to isolate out the error, I might just look into blowing it up and doing seperate domain installations of stand alone Wordpress. I just cannot believe with these errors, and there have been different ones and on refresh the same pages work fine. Or what is worse is searching and finding others who report these same issues with no follow-up on resolution

4. storpappa
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well another full delete and reinstallation and no plugins or themes, and working. Added themes back one by one and have site up and looking fair. But up with no errors. I'll leave it a bit and turn AKISMET and others back on and see what happens.

At least this will force me to recheck for mu 1.3 updates on all themes and plug-ins

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by storpappa
  • Latest reply from storpappa