The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

current_site (4 posts)

1. expaand
    Posted 16 years ago #

What is the role of "current_site"? It appears in the code a lot.It comes from a table, wp_site. But while on my current test arrangement I have a main blog and two blogs on subdomains, there is only one record in this table (with the master domain defined there).

I guess what I am asking is, under what circumstances would you have more than one record in the wp_site table?

Thanks!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

When you have multiple domains on the same install. Like say a sub-blog is accessed by completelyotherdomain.com and not by myrootdomain.com.

3. expaand
    Posted 16 years ago #

Again, thanks for answering.

Is this common to have multiple domains? Or is it usually the case that there is a single "master" domain, with sub-domains for each blog?

I'm just not sure why you would have more than one domain in the same install.

Thanks

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

usually most people just have the one domain. Some people like the option of having more than one so users can have a different address on signup, and the admin has only one codebase to look after.

Also, with this ability a sub-blog might want to have the identity of a top-level domain, and not a sub-domain.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by expaand
  • Latest reply from andrea_r