The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Editing options globally (7 posts)

1. MikeSims
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm wondering if I there is a way I can easily edit certain settings in WPMU globally.

eg.
    - delete 1st post/comment/about page
    - activate plugins
    - change discussion options
    - change permalinks
    - make public

I have found the wp-phpmyadmin plugin but it isn't exactly easy for me to use. Any ideas?

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Try this as a start: Link

Someone wrote a somewhat detailed explaination once way back when about using the Site Admin -> Upgrade script to set options across all of the blogs but I can't find it right off. Take a look at what mu does when you run the upgrade blogs script for a start.

3. MikeSims
    Posted 16 years ago #

Ah, maybe this relates to the upgrade-schema.php that I have heard a little about. I've searched for that with no success. Thanks for the info though :)

4. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

It's now wp-admin/includes/schema.php and I believe it's really for new blogs that get created. yes, you can set stuff there but it will be for the newer blogs, not the current ones.

Actually what you're looking for is found in the /wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php file I believe. note the versions numbers. when teh upgrade blog script is run, it goes through the (ah hell. I forget the name of the tanle. It's no wp_blogs. It's the other one.) table and compares the blog version number against the db version number in the version.php file. if the db number in version.php, it runs the upgrade script for that blog.

Bump up the db version number in that file and run the upgrade script.

5. MikeSims
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thank you! I'm getting some advice on these files now :)

6. MikeSims
    Posted 16 years ago #

I was able to change default permalinks and discussion options in schema.php. Pretty cool. A few things I don't get though.

1) I was able to change the blog_public option but it made no difference with the new blogs. They all come up as private. Is there another entry for this?

2) I was able to delete the 1st post/comment/page in upgrade.php but still the default post/comment/page get published in new blogs. Do I need to run the upgrade.php somehow?

Thanks for the help btw :)

7. MikeSims
    Posted 16 years ago #

bump for me :)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by MikeSims
  • Latest reply from MikeSims