The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

'ERROR: WordPress requires Cookies...' despite all solutions? (6 posts)

1. jamessketch
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hello there,

I am having a problem with logging in to WPMU using plugin called 'Loginanywhere'.
    When I try to log in wp-login.php page appears and says 'ERROR: WordPress requires Cookies but your browser does not support them or they are blocked.'

Afterwards when I try to log in at this page (wp-login.php) it works fine, as it always does in this page), but the only problem is when I go through the plugin signin form.

I have tried all soutions that were here posted but none of them worked. Most of them were relating to the same 'Error Massage' but to different cause and one was reffering to propably the same problem. He was solving it by adding some code from wp-login.php to the actual page where the new login was. But than it said to me that 'Header has already been sent'.

Nor this works (http://blue-anvil.com/archives/a-wordpress-login-widget-sidebar-login-widget-v10?cp=4) as it shows the same error message only straight in the login form.

Strange thing is that once it shows the error message than everywhere it works fine unless I restart the browser (probably something with cookies).

If there is somebody that knows how to solve this I would really appreciate any kind of help.
    James

2. jamessketch
    Posted 16 years ago #

A big appology belongs to everyone as I found out the solution that helped me.

On site
    http://blue-anvil.com/archives/a-wordpress-login-widget-sidebar-login-widget-v10?cp=5#comments
    the 41. commnent explains what to do.

Sorry for disturbing again.
    James

3. taschenck
    Posted 16 years ago #

This worked for me as well. The directions were easy to follow. Thank you James.

-Tim

4. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

Is blue-anvil.com showing "Forbidden" for anyone else?

5. DailyTestimony
    Posted 16 years ago #

It working for me just now, so either its just you or its back online.

6. DailyTestimony
    Posted 16 years ago #

THis is definatley a useful hack I just got to implimenting it cuz I have the same problem with my login form. Thanks for posting it.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by jamessketch
  • Latest reply from DailyTestimony