Posted 16 years ago #

I use wpmu 1.3 My permalink /blog/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/

i want repaired permalink

/blog/%postname%/.html

or

/blog/%postname%/

2. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Are you asking for this for all of your blogs or a single blog? If for all of your blogs, for the new ones or for the previous ones? If a single blog, have you tried editing it yet?

Maybe explaining what specifically you're trying to do with this would be helpful.

3. newspartner
    Posted 16 years ago #

I want permalink settings for the all new blogs

4. gub181
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm a new user to Wordpress and after designing a nice theme for myself, I published it on my website and starting testing further features out, spcifically the ability for a new user to register.

After making an attempt and not getting the associated e-mail message with the password, I found that I needed WordPressMU to achieve that. So..

I installed WordPressMU on a test system and started "regrssion" testing on core functionality, this time specifically some of the archive links.

I found what has been inidcated in a few other posts, that the permalink structure is defferent between WordPress and WordPressMU and does not function after an initial install of WordPressMU.

The link structure is <site>/blog/2007/12/ as an example, but by default that directory does not exist, so of course, I get the page not found error. If I create the directory it points to, it at least gives me the directory listing.

So, the obvious question is how to get it working. Is it the intention to manually create a directory for every combination of /%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/ and what happen to the ability to select an entry based purely on an archive or post id ?

Please advise what to do.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

No no no no no.....

Permalinks are virtual. they need mod_rewrite to work. And no, they do not exist on the server. Yes it 8woudl* be silly to have to create them.

Ultimately though, I'd like to know insitially what kind of site you have in mind, because to switch from regular Worpdress to MU just so users can register is.. odd.

Worpress is one stand-alone blog. You can have user register on it, but they will be associated with that one blog.

MU is for *multiple* blogs. Each user registering gets their own blog. If that's what you want, good. We can continue with the permalinks not working. Is mod_rewrite installed in Apache?

6. gub181
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thank you for your response and I love the enthusiasm ( No no no no no - lol ). I agree that in order to just get the registration to work I shouldn't require "multi-blog" capabilities, but here's what I saw and what I read.

In my testing, I attempted to create a "mock" user by registering on my own site as a "subscriber" using a different username. After I registered, I looked in the user list, and the new entry was there, but I never received the e-mail with the password.

After reading quite a bit of documentation and "googling" like crazy, I found one entry indicating I needed WordPressMU to fix this problem.

So it's understood, I do not require multiple blogs, just one. I can manage those items in other ways if need be.

I guess the real question is how does WordPress ( not MU ) define it's "outgoing" mail relay when a user registers? I've tested sending mail from my hostprovider and it works fine, but I get nothing from WordPress.

Tks again

7. PhoenixRises
    Posted 16 years ago #

WordPress (Not MU) forums can be found at http://wordpress.org/support/

There may already be the information your looking for in there.

8. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

This will help:
    http://wordpress.org/search/not+sending+mail+to+users+registration?forums=1

Or at least point you in the right direction.

9. gub181
    Posted 16 years ago #

Got it - and my apologies for spinning your wheels so to speak. It was the fact that my hosting provider doesn't have php mail enabled. I tried ShiftThis with no luck, then downloaded the wp mail plugin, worked like a charm.

Thanks again for your timely responses though, I greatly appreciate it.

10. winpoka
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anyone have a reply to the original question? I'm found wondering that myself?

How can I change the default permalink settings across all new blogs created through my WordpressMU install?

Thank you very much in advance!

11. bloggus
    Posted 16 years ago #

Change the standard settings in:

wp-admin\includes\schema.php

12. zanfardinom
    Posted 15 years ago #

I do not see the schema.php file in wp-admin\includes\. Where can I get a new copy.

Thanks in advance!!

mz

13. VentureMaker
    Posted 15 years ago #

Download WPMU from this site. Links on the top.

14. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

... and this thread is over a year old. the files are in a different place.

15. zanfardinom
    Posted 15 years ago #

Thanks for the response. I already have WPMU installed. What's the new location?

Michael

16. andrea_r
    Posted 15 years ago #

Why not start a new thread with details on what it is, exactly, that you're trying to do?

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by newspartner
  • Latest reply from andrea_r