The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Adding stuff to the sidebar (4 posts)

1. wordpressbob
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm looking to create a blog where I can integrate some ecommerce capabilities with a shopping cart. What I'd like to do is add some featured products on the sidebar where the calendar usually is. Here is an example of what I'd like to do: "http://tinyurl.com/2cj38c"

Is there a plugin to do this?

Thanks for any help you can give or direction you can point me to!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, the site you linked to was just a vox blog, so not sure what you;re gettign at.

Secodn, a shopping cart *is* an ecommerce capability. :)

There is a big e-commerce plugin available for regular Wordpress, but it needs some work to run under MU. Also, using it under MU may require a commerical license for it. Just sayin'.

Google for wordpress shopping cart e-commerce and you'll find it and some other lightweight ones.

3. wordpressbob
    Posted 16 years ago #

>>;Well, the site you linked to was just a vox blog, so not sure what you;re gettign at.
    <<

I'm looking for something similar on that Vox blog where you can put photos on the sidebar that represent something I want to promote (ie, "good book to read") or sell (ecommerce).

Is there a plugin that allows one to put thumbnails on the sidebar?

Thanks for your help!

4. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

In the standard install of MU, it has sidebar widgets. You can arrange them to your liking and add new ones.

For thumbnails, you just put the image code in an empty text widget.

or, in the case of the plugin mentioned above, it has product widgets included.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by wordpressbob
  • Latest reply from andrea_r