The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Ugh, can anybody help? (4 posts)

1. GFXDude2010
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm totally new to wordpress. I've NEVER even used a blog. But, the guy in charge of me wants me to setup blog hosting on this site... so I installed wordpress mu. To my understanding, people are supposed to be able to register blogs on the site. I CANNOT figure out how to allow people to register a new blog... can anybody please either give me a link to maybe a tutorial, or just post how to do it? Thanks!

2. GFXDude2010
    Posted 16 years ago #

EDIT: Somebody sent me a message on AIM telling me how. Thanks anyways!

3. uscommonsense
    Posted 16 years ago #

The default template for MU on your new site has a link for people to register a new blog. By clicking that link and then filling out a few pieces of information, and e-mail is sent to the user to activate the blog. If the e-mail isn't received, then you have a php problem. If the activation link doesn't work, then you have a .htaccess issue (which can be easily resolved by contacting your host). If you want to setup the blogs manually, you just do so under the "Site Admin" feature from your Admin panel.

4. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

If the e-mail isn't received, then you have a php problem

Actually that's not correct. It could be a number of issues that could be causing the problem. That's why the debugging script mentions checking the mailserver's logs to see what occured with the email.

A broken activation link could be a number of issues as well. Not having the correct URL stored in the database is usually the cause.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by GFXDude2010
  • Latest reply from theapparatus