The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

How to get recent posts of certain blog on a page outside of wordpress mu? (5 posts)

1. zaozao
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hi, I have installed wordpress mu on my website (ceeforums.com/Blog/) and currently have three blogs running. I want to show 5 recent posts of each blog on a page outside of wordpress system (the main page of the website). I searched and found in wordpress, it could be done using

<?php require('./Blog/wp-blog-header.php');?>
    <?php wp_get_archives('postbypost' '5'); ?>

But how can I achieve the same result in wordpress mu? The path to one of three blogs is /Blog/zaozao/. Please advise, thanks a lot.

2. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

simple pie or any rss parser should do the trick.

3. zaozao
    Posted 16 years ago #

Would you explain it more clearly? I am not good at programming. :-(. Thanks!

4. trivum
    Posted 16 years ago #

Simple Pie is an rss parser that you can put on your server and then output whichever rss feed you like. Once you have it set up, you can get your own rss feeds from your wpmu site and output them on your main homepage.

As far a I know, you have to enter the feeds manually, and so if you're looking to have a lot more blogs than three, I'm not sure if it's for you. If you could get a sitewide feed, however, then that would seem to do the trick.

If you aren't good with code, then it might take a little patience to set things up. I'm not good with code, but I've been able to set up test feeds before. Just read the installation instructions (they aren't real clear in spots for the uninitiated), and maybe watch a tutorial video.

Simple Pie is free to download. You can find it here: http://simplepie.org/

5. zaozao
    Posted 16 years ago #

Thanks, trivum. It is perfect for my site and it supports multiple feeds. Great. :-).

About this Topic