The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Custom setting in site_meta Table ignored (4 posts)

1. Simos
    Posted 16 years ago #

I'm running wordpress-mu on a freebsd server Apache/2.2.6 + PHP 5.2.5 + MySQL: 5.0.51. I've a problem with custom data in wp_sitemeta table . I've added from admin options a custom welcome email a custom first post and email admin but when i try to register a blog i receive the default email , the first post on the blog is the hardcoded default and the mail is sent by support@blogname.mysite.tld (only the mail with activation link is sent by admin_email) . Any idea for resolution ?

2. Simos
    Posted 16 years ago #

Sorry, wordpress-mu version is 1.3 just downloaded from the site.

3. theapparatus
    Posted 16 years ago #

The last thread a couple of days ago on the subject of the email address:

http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic.php?id=7284

Please follow link in that thread as it's been fixed within the current development version.

The hardcoded defaults has been brought up before. Not sure what the status on the subject is.

4. Simos
    Posted 16 years ago #

The problem isn't just for sender's e-mail address, but for example for welcome email message too.

In WordPress MU PHP code I found a condition looking for $welcome_email:

[...]
    function wpmu_welcome_notification($blog_id, $user_id, $password, $title, $meta$
            global $current_site;

$welcome_email = stripslashes( get_site_option( 'welcome_email' ) );
            if( $welcome_email == false )
                    $welcome_email = stripslashes( __( "Dear User,

Your new SITE_NAME blog has been successfully set up at:
    BLOG_URL
    [...]

Even with welcome_email message set from the admin panel (and present in the field 'welcome_email') the blog registration procedure is sending the default hardcoded message.

Is it normal?

About this Topic