The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: wp_die() in /home/username/public_html/ (4 posts)

1. digibuilder
    Posted 16 years ago #

Anyone knows what does that mean? Thanks!

I am trying it on a shared hosting account. Is that a problem? I can install regular wp blogs in this account at easy.

2. geekmonk
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am having the same issue with this installation. I do not understand why. I have deleted and recreated this installation multiple times.:
    just did it again, can not get this to install. am getting : Fatal error: Call to undefined function wp_die() in C:\srvr\wamp\www\blogs\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 475" so i am confused:

I am installing in blogs subdirectory.
    all of the php globals are off.

3. ayao
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have gotten that error before when my database connection information was wrong. Looks like wp-includes/functions.php, which contains the wp_die function, isn't being included in index-install.php so the pretty/informative error message is never actually printed.

Make sure your database connection information (dbname, username, password) is correct, and you should be able to set up properly.

4. WordPress_John
    Posted 16 years ago #

I had this problem too -- turns out I forgot to add permissions to the database user.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by digibuilder
  • Latest reply from WordPress_John