The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Display Latest Posts Widget? (9 posts)

1. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I know this has been posted and I dug around wpmudev.org, but I can't seem to figure this out for the life of me. I have individual blogs running, but I'd like to get a widget that links to the 5 latest posts from any of the blogs. The plugins that are around seem to be outdated and I couldn't figure out how to get them to work. Can anyone help me or advise me on where to look?

Thanks in advance.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

The ones I know of aren't widgets. could be widgetized though.

3. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, what is available then? I couldn't figure out how to get the ones that were on wpmudev working. The documentation was lacking for a simpleton such as myself.

4. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

I would think using the sitewide rss feed within an rss widget would work.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, the most-recent-posts plugin, for example, lists how to use it right at the top of the plugin file. Copy/paste right into your themes's template.

6. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

Oh yeah. I did see that one but I generally don't like to mess directly with themes so I passed it up.

7. espinoza
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hey, I just found this link http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/List-All-%5Bwidgets%5D

here you download the link and add it on your widgets if you want only appear on the main blog, and install it on mu-plugins folder, if you want all blog users have access to it.

after you activate it, go to presentation - widgets and move the widgets wherever you want on your sidebar.

hope this help

G

8. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I did see this one too. I uploaded it into both my mu-plugin and plugin folder (at different times). I could not figure out how to get it to work.

9. theotheragentm
    Posted 16 years ago #

I figured it out. I had plugins administration disabled. So I wasn't seeing it. Upload the folder, activate the plugin you want, drag it in the widgets, and you're good to go.

Thanks, everyone.

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by theotheragentm
  • Latest reply from theotheragentm