The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Automatic Blog Creation For User? (3 posts)

1. gder01
    Posted 16 years ago #

I am wondering weather or not WPMU will be sufficient for the site I am planning. My site will have many aspects to it: videos, user profiles, etc... (similar to myspace, just not as social oriented)

My users will need to have a blog automatically made for them once they register.

They then go into their control panel, and choose one of several skins I have predetermined. They then can start blogging on my site (I will host everything).

Main points are:

Blog is automatically created on user registration
    User can only have one blog
    User can only use templates I have designated

If word press is capable of doing this great! I can hire a coder to make it happen. But If it is not, Iw ill likely either have to head elsewhere, or create a custom script from scratch.

I am a real noob, so sorry If I posted this in the wrong forum, this stuff is very confusing for me.

2. Trent
    Posted 16 years ago #

Wordpress MU will do what you want. Limiting creation to only one blog I am sure is possible with a small change of code, but right now, if registration is on users can create as many blogs as they want.

Trent

3. jackiedobson
    Posted 16 years ago #

only one blog per user shows a number of different methods discussed previously. (I like the redirect if logged in method)

About this Topic

• Started 16 years ago by gder01
  • Latest reply from jackiedobson